bob jones

Eating the best fish in Montauk

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

My wife and I were enjoying some great food at the "Montauk Lobster House" the other night. We have been eating there since they opened up last year. 

They are located above 'Plaza Sport', across from 'John's Pancake House' in the center of Montauk.

I mentioned to Diego, the owner, that the previous restaurant in that location; "Wok & Roll", used to prepare fish that fishermen brought in for a fee.

Diego told me that they are continuing that tradition. If you want someone to prepare your fresh catch correctly; contact Diego or whoever is manning the stove. You won't regret it. Enjoy.

Edited by bob jones

I have fond memories of heading straight to Wok N Roll from Star Island with my grandfather and a ziploc of fluke and seabass. Glad to see the tradition is still around, even if the name isn't. 

Wok and Roll used to have a picture of the all time great pitcher Mariano Rivera holding a giant striper he caught and they prepared for him..Pretty cool picture. Mariano grew up in a fishing family in Panama.

On 9/22/2019 at 8:27 PM, BoLin said:

Is there anyplace in MTK that isn't pricey these days?

John's Drive In is a classic - excellent greasy cheeseburgers and best in the Hamptons homemade ice cream. Good deli sandwiches and bagels Goldberg's.  For a proper sit down meal The Dock is really good and reasonably priced. 

If you are priced out of these places you might want to consider Jersey.  The Hamptons ain't for you.