superstriper

Israel friend or foe?

Rate this topic

79 posts in this topic

Complex question...we need a subject matter expert with vast experience to weigh in.

Ask Obama where he stands on spying, and what the consequences should be.

7 mins ago, Fishy Fisher said:

I'd say the alliance was one direction. 

In essence, you’re in debt and I say I can help you, but you have to let your sworn enemy have some of your land. So I’m buying your land and giving it to them. Then I work to give your sworn enemy nukes while sliding you an envelope telling you everything will be ok. There’s a lot more to it than that, obviously, but without making this a fifty paragraph post, that’s the gist of it. The sad part was much of Israel still viewed the US as an important ally because of the help and relationship that they had with the US prior to Obama becoming president. That put Netanyahu in a tough position- keeping his people happy/keeping their support while seeing the corner they were backed into and trying to make the best compromises to save his nation. Some of what Obama did with Israel and the Palestinians has been undone by Trump, but it’s a work in progress. I’d say what we are doing with Israel now is a smart move for us, their benefit aside. 

6 mins ago, chessie_yaker said:

In essence, you’re in debt and I say I can help you, but you have to let your sworn enemy have some of your land. So I’m buying your land and giving it to them. Then I work to give your sworn enemy nukes while sliding you an envelope telling you everything will be ok. There’s a lot more to it than that, obviously, but without making this a fifty paragraph post, that’s the gist of it. The sad part was much of Israel still viewed the US as an important ally because of the help and relationship that they had with the US prior to Obama becoming president. That put Netanyahu in a tough position- keeping his people happy/keeping their support while seeing the corner they were backed into and trying to make the best compromises to save his nation. Some of what Obama did with Israel and the Palestinians has been undone by Trump, but it’s a work in progress. I’d say what we are doing with Israel now is a smart move for us, their benefit aside. 

Don't blame any of this on Obama. Israel has been spying on us since 1947. All the while receiving mega shekels from us. Some great ally. 

4 mins ago, Fishy Fisher said:

Don't blame any of this on Obama. Israel has been spying on us since 1947. All the while receiving mega shekels from us. Some great ally. 

Look, from many of you’re previous posts I get the idea that you are an antisemite. You have that right regardless of how I view it. But you should know that Israel is far from the curly-q’d peoples it once was. It’s actually quite a secular nation, generally speaking. Maybe that will help you more easily absorb the next tid-bit. 

Everyone spies on everyone. Everyone. It’s the intel game that every nation that wants to keep its flourishing status as such plays because we all know the world is full of evil and people who hate nations that are doing better than them. I understand it’s a crappy pill to swallow- it sucks. But if you want us to have a chance at being safe while also being realistic about the world around you, you have to come to terms with the fact that every nation looks at every nation, ally’s look at ally’s people for them to skirt around intel collection laws; all if they have the means to. I understand that what I was saying earlier may sound like and anti-Obama tirade, but it’s pretty accurate and I’d urge you to read up on the history of our relations with Israel since the 60s. That will branch you out into reading up on the rest of the Middle East and seeing how tightly wound and intricate a powder keg it is. We are just lucky that much of it is still at the rocks and sticks level of arms. For now. But, if we don’t stay close with Israel and maintain the mutual back-scratching, it could become bad for both of us, domestically and abroad. Their enemies are our enemies and they are at the tip of the spear when speaking intel tech... unless we had a reason to take that land over ourselves, there is really no real reason to not maintain them as an ally. That’s just how I view it with what I know about it anyways. 

We fought two wars with the Brits.  The bastards burned the WH.  They suck and I'm still ticked off about it.  

And don't get get me started about the damn Canucks.  Dirty rats grabbed a fishing boat once!

1 min ago, Nessmuk said:

We fought two wars with the Brits.  The bastards burned the WH.  They suck and I'm still ticked off about it.  

And don't get get me started about the damn Canucks.  Dirty rats grabbed a fishing boat once!

I wonder if “the whites of their eyes” would be considered racist today 

I wonder which nation, exactly, we don't conduct a reciprocal amount of spying on.  Or if we get, say, as much useful intel from France as we do Israel.

3 hours ago, Wigeon said:

Lost on everyone is that the source of the OP is about as credible on issues re Israel as the The Daily Stormer.

That's totally ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Nessmuk said:

What about  the Alamo?

1 hour ago, chessie_yaker said:

Look, from many of you’re previous posts I get the idea that you are an antisemite.

Whether I am or not is completely irrelevant. I'm a realist. And a nationalist. I could give a hoot about Israel. Let them be. Let them do anything they think they need to do - except come over here and spy on us with technology purchased with our money, or lobby our legislatures to make bad thoughts about them a crime. That's unamerican, unconstitutional and a violation of our sovereignty, not to mention insanely corrupt. 

There wouldn't be any wars in the middle east without Israel pulling our strings. You can spin it any way you want - but that is the bottom line. Effectively Israel uses the US military as their foreign policy power. That has to stop. They handled themselves pretty good in 67. If they kept a defensive posture instead of using us as their offensive muscle, they'd be fine and we'd have a lot fewer dead and maimed kids, not to mention we could have probably balanced the budget. 

This idiotic conservative that couldn't conserve the women's bathroom idea that anyone who criticizes endless war on Israel's behalf is a bigot is just dumb. And shameless. You're not looking at the big picture. 

So the left got one right. Broken clocks, maybe, but they're still right. That's not an endorsement of the rest of their lunacy. 

4 hours ago, fish'nmagician said:

when the candidate knowingly accepts the help and works to cover it up it's VERY bad.

Yes if that happened it would be almost as bad as internet troll farms .. I'll have more flexibility after the election

24 mins ago, GuiltyAsCharged said:

So the OP is 110% reliable? No sources referenced makes it pretty sketchy.

That's not what I said, or what I meant. Wig called Politico Jew-hating pukes and compared them to the Daily Stormer. They're ridiculous statements.

8 mins ago, patchyfog said:

That's not what I said, or what I meant. Wig called Politico Jew-hating pukes and compared them to the Daily Stormer. They're ridiculous statements.

Politico and the daily stormer are literally mutually exclusive. They don't share anything in common that i know of except for the fact they both have a website.