tomkaz

Sept 12th Dem Debate PG Discussion

Rate this topic

50 posts in this topic

So, what are you expecting tonight? Where will the focus be? Who will the daggers be out for?

My views:

- Biden will be the target of everyone looking to bring him down

- Biden will be guarded so as to avoid flubs and appearance of being on the defensive. 

- Biden might want to start to turn back to center but will not

- Both Warren and Sanders will go at Biden

- Warren will be particularly harsh as she tries to present herself as the Dems’ standard bearer against Trump

- Beating Trump MIGHT be a sub-text but I think there will be more blue-on-blue sniping

- The others seven players will try to steal time and speak loudly to get noticed

- Beto will finish himself off with his latest idiotic ideas (i.e. the “right” to live close to where you work)

What say you? 

2 mins ago, tomkaz said:

- Biden will be the target of everyone looking to bring him down

likewise Warren will be the target of everyone looking to bring her down,

Sanders will be the target of everyone looking to bring him down,

Harris will be the target of everyone looking to bring her down......

etc. 

etc.

3 mins ago, tomkaz said:

- Biden will be guarded so as to avoid flubs and appearance of being on the defensive. 

I anticipate EVERYONE to be on guard and do their best to avoid flubs.

I may tune in to see if Biden's eyes start filling up with blood.

All these dems have skeleton's in their closets, Warren has scalps.  I hope they talk about her DNA and her ancestor who was the great Indian fighter who slaughtered all those Seminoles

1 min ago, fish'nmagician said:

I anticipate an absolute comedy and tragedy all in one ... Tomorrow there will be many 'clarifications', retractions and claims of being misunderstood, but one thing will be clear: ten lunatics were on stage debating each other.

What say you? 

In each of their efforts to singularly distinguish themselves, they will disgrace themselves with sophomoric platitudes, cliches, and ad hominem attacks.

Not one of them will emerge unscathed or intact, as the lipstick on the pigs becomes obvious to all.

I think the focus will be on bashing Biden from Warren, Sanders, and Harris.  What the rest do with their limited time will determine the outcome of the evening IMO.  If they jump on Biden too, Warren (just a hunch) becomes the winner of the evening.  If they take shots at the folks just below Biden in the polls, Biden comes out on top (assuming no horrific stupidity coming out of his mouth).  I think Biden's best move would be to pretend to have the flu, and skip tonight all together.  He'll do more damage to himself by being there to be abused, and say dumb things, than if he just took tonight off.

I’m expecting it to be about the same as the OP mentions... Biden will be the target for the evening in attempts to bring the others to a more even approval. My opinion is he is the only one left with a horse in the race. The others have shown to be more extreme and I think they were hoping the shock value will keep them in the peoples memory while they, less Bernie, retreat to a more moderate position to make them more palatable. The main focus will be Biden vs Warren. Bernie may be close to Warren in rhetoric, but Warren will shift to appease the SJWs while trying to present her “plans” as actually feasible while Bernie throws his arms around saying “my plan is better. Rich old white people (like him), Medicare for all, feee college, food lines and eating children and pets.” 

12 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

That's the hardest part too, when there are so many involved.  

Will Harris and Mayor Pete be working for a VP nod? Or do they still harbor dreams of taking the top spot? 

When I was flying back from NYC yesterday, I stopped on Ari whatshisname on MSNBC as he was trying to make a case comparing Obama to Mayor Pete. He drew more parallels than a geometry teacher. I don’t know if that is a longer term view of his or just one show’s worth. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

4 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

What difference does it make?

The media has already decided that Warren won tonight's debate.

Yep.  THey've already dug up  video of "Professor" warren testifying before the senate in 2005 fighting Biden pushing to ban personal bankrupcy and showing Biden conceding to her, then voting against her anyway

Edited by jkrock

6 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

What difference does it make?

The media has already decided that Warren won tonight's debate.

I have been getting that sense as well. They have written off Bernie as too crazy and have been working on Biden being too old/feeble/out-of-touch. 

MSNBC reports that Warren has been working behind the scenes to court Dem party leaders, powerbrokers and donors in an effort to convince then that she can lead the party, beat Trump and extend the House margin and even flip the Senate. She’s trying to show herself as leader, just no reporting on how that is being accepted. 

Meanwhile, Cramer reported yesterday that the Wall Street people he knows are scared to death of Warren and her views on wealth, justice and taxation. 

I will wonder if Bloomberg will launch a 3rd party challenge or get drafted by the national Dems if Warren is the presumed winner. 

I think if I was advising one of the loser candidates, I would suggest laying off of Old Joe and let him do himself in by opening his mouth. Wouldn't want to be seen as destroying an old man. Don't have to do anything to him. The large corporate media executives will take him out.

I would want to focus on Warren and show her to be a complete phoney. If she was willing to lie on college applications, then continue the lie for a few decades, how can anyone trust her now. Plus she has made some votes that are unpopular. Just try to get her off script and get her to show us some bitter old woman stuff. Make her angry.

I would buddy up to Bernie and try to seem like we agree on most things. This will trick his supporters into having my candidate as a second choice when he gets taken out by the big media executives.

The season is early yet and we still haven't had a single primary vote. Instead of mentioning Trump, I would want to mention how we are going to destroy America.