Tin Boat

Blitz

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

I always say I’m gonna take more pics. I just don’t have the discipline. That’s a great shot! I know it must have been an inner struggle to have a camera in your hand and not a rod.

41 mins ago, BNickW said:

I always say I’m gonna take more pics. I just don’t have the discipline. That’s a great shot! I know it must have been an inner struggle to have a camera in your hand and not a rod.

I had two rods, fly and spinning. Couldn't take a single fish. They were too keyed on the bait.

That's when you have to try and "match the hatch".

When the fish get finicky, it usually pays to have a variety of baits, different sizes, shapes and colors to go to.

I've learned that when the bait is small and the fish are blitzing, a small lure tends to draw a few strikes.

It's particularly frustrating when you have keeper bass in the mix and they're only interested in 3 in bait fish!

I have taken 4-5" slug-gos and cut them down to get the size I wanted....and it usually works.

It's challenging when you are targeting 10+ lb. fish on freshwater sized tackle....but can be really rewarding too.

21 mins ago, Tin Boat said:

I had two rods, fly and spinning. Couldn't take a single fish. They were too keyed on the bait.

It gets rough sometimes.  Justa a fluke on a un-weighted hook will get their attention sometimes, not always.  Just hoping for the accidental hit more than anything. And sometimes you can hit them in the top of the head with anything and nada. They may eat it up tomorrow...

26 mins ago, ReelPeeler said:

It gets rough sometimes.  Justa a fluke on a un-weighted hook will get their attention sometimes, not always.  Just hoping for the accidental hit more than anything. And sometimes you can hit them in the top of the head with anything and nada. They may eat it up tomorrow...

Couple of bumps on match-the-hatch flies and some curious follows on Sluggos. I didn’t mind no hook-ups. The visuals were the prize.