Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SilverSpoonSurfer

Stradic FL vs Certate LT

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Hi All, new here. Was looking for some advice. I recently purchased a Saragosa 6000 but it is not playing well with my rods, Star VPR 8' 1 piece, Star stellar lites ( 8' 1 piece and 2 x 7'6" 1 piece) All of them get some kind of rod slap or vibration in the rod. Rods go crazy towards the tip. The reel is balanced though and I really like it but it is not working out on any of my rods, evn an old saragosa boat spinning rod I have. I sent it to service to see if they can do something with it. However, after reading the forums here, I don't have my hopes up. In the meantime, I was looking at two other reels to pair with my beautiful VPR. I was thinking about the Certate LT 5000 but noticed the new Stradic has some updates including a little bit of sealing and gets great reviews. I know they are two different ranges of reels, but would you all think it would be worth saving the money and going with the Stradic or splurge on the Certate? Either way I'd have to wait as the 5000 is not in stock yet and I'd have to wait a couple of months to get the funds for the Certate.  Extra money saved for tackle is always nice. TIA -Spoon

Posted (edited) · Report post

It’s really just a preference. The Certate is super smooth and not really a negative thing about it. The Stradic in my opinion is more solid feeling and pretty smooth. Maybe take a look at the new vanford as well. Compared to the Stradic I don’t think the Certate is worth the extra money. 

Edited by cec127

The saragosas are notorious for their wobble. This is due to the reel foot which is NOT angled, and runs parallel to the shaft angle. Great reel, wobble sucks. New Saragosa has angled foot. Should be great. In the mean time, the stradic is a great reel. Certate is also fantastic, but more money. You could get into a Twinpower for the price of a certate...or even a used Saltiga 4000h.

Stradic 5000 FL might be a little light for that rod. The 2020 Stradic SW is JDM only and except for the great ratio, probably the same as the new 2020 Saragosa SW.

15 mins ago, Bass Turd said:

Certate is also fantastic, but more money. You could get into a Twinpower for the price of a certate...

Why would anyone get a Twinpower over the Certate? I'd get a Stradic FL over the Twinpower. 

Certate is $$$ compared to a Stradic, but it's cheap compared to a Stella. And in terms of refinement, that's the correct comparison. 

1 hour ago, buddha162 said:

Why would anyone get a Twinpower over the Certate? I'd get a Stradic FL over the Twinpower. 

Certate is $$$ compared to a Stradic, but it's cheap compared to a Stella. And in terms of refinement, that's the correct comparison. 

Why would anyone get a twinpower over a certate? Because it’s a great reel. Granted, for smaller sizes the Stradic is a great choice. But the twinpower is no slouch. 

I have not fished or handled the new Stradic FL, but my Certate LT is the smoothest and most refined spinning reel I have personally ever felt (no experience with any of the super high end offerings from Daiwa or Shimano). I have owned and used several Stradics in the past including the FK and FJ and the Certate LT is on an entirely different level. However, it is also twice the price. 

Also interested in the certate vs stradic fl. In the market for a certate but worried about line capacity and retrieval speed as these would be for funny fish. 

I've only owned shimano's for the last 10 years fishing for albies and bones. Soley looking at the Certate because all the reviews say it's above a sustain for feel but right below  a stella and I think the twin power isnt anythign special at a 4k or 5k size. 

I’ve had a 5k FL and I currently have a 5k Certate LT. The Certate blows the FL out of the water. I’m not really sure why but the big 5000D Certate is crazy smooth and feels way better than the smaller sizes. I’ve had the 2500-4000 Certates and they weren’t all that special but I’d definitely recommend the 5000. I only paid $350 or so from Asian fishing portal in japan 

Posted (edited) · Report post

17 hours ago, mhoggan24 said:

I've only owned shimano's for the last 10 years fishing for albies and bones. Soley looking at the Certate because all the reviews say it's above a sustain for feel but right below  a stella and I think the twin power isnt anythign special at a 4k or 5k size. 

In my opinion certate 5000D or XH feels AS good as the Stella fj 4000/5000 after 1 or 2 break in trips and is a more powerful reel by design. I have multiple Stella and certate LT. The only thing the Stella got over it is 1oz and drag sound. 

Edited by tiizzyy

At this point i'm leaning towards the Certate but just started researching the Shimano Vanquish. Little hesitant to order anything overseas since i've never done it. But those two seem to be like for like.