JMB2

Are you for real

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

I work In a tackle shop. I sell plastic bags with macks and plastic cups full of clams. I get it. There’s trash. I just went to a fairly well known spot in south shore mass and when I got there I was greeted with SO MUCH TRASH. Are you serious guys come on why are you leaving plastic bags, cups, and like 75 beer cans and nips on the spot where many legitimately considerate fishermen spend their nights. Theres simply no reason it takes maybe 1 minute to throw your trash in one of the bags you brought and put it in the trash can that is maybe 25 YARDS FROM THE FISHING SPOT. It’s been seriously pissing me off lately there’s not that many spots locally to shore fish and when you leave trash like that you are literally taking a dump on the multiple legitimately considerate men and women who spend their nights there. I don’t even care if you recycle your **** be a holy **** at the very least throw it away at the many trash cans literally in eye distance of you. Pardon my late night rant but this is getting insane. Have a little respect for our oceans. Thanks 

My girlfriend live right across the street from a beautiful lake. Long and narrow and lined with beautiful homes and my favorite pickerel, crappie and yellow perch spot. there is only one area where the public has access to and thats where the lake ends against a state road. The people who live at the end of the lake have tried their best to keep the end clean. They have a container with trash bags and a large trash can in place for the fishermen to use. Parking is right across the street so it's not like they have a long way to walk but they abused it. Finally they took a cable and stretched it across the lake to shut it down. I go to the end to take photos of the wild life down the lake and it is or was sad. Beer cans, bait containers, bundles of old fishing line and the list goes on. I fish from a short dock at the end house and I still see trash on the bottom of the lake. SAD.    

No need to post it here, we all know! This should be printed and posted at all waterside fishing areas. BUT, those responsible probably can’t read the Queens English.

It’s needs to be printed in many languages, scum bags ruining it for everyone. By the way it’s not just fishing that’s getting ruined 

Same for the waterfront around Brooklyn and Queens...It has become a garbage dump area... Shame on the people who are destroying our environment.. 

people are disgusting, filthy, pigs. it's not just anglers.  shoobies and bennies who visit beaches, parks.

heck, those driving down the road from wawa can't take their trash home but heave everything imaginable, whether walking, riding or driving.

it's a fundamental problem of not having pride, of being careless and reckless.

I just don’t understand the mentality of some people. When I get to the tip of a jetty, and I see the old box of squid stuffed between rocks, a ball of line from a bird nest, or just beer and soda cans, it just burns me up. Honestly, I need to bring a small grocery bag and pick some up and be done with it, instead of just fuming because it accomplishes nothing.

It's just the mentality of people now I think really, same thing in traffic.  Yesterday I wanted to strangle a mf as he saw my SUV coming and he clearly saw there was no room, just left his signal on and kept on coming.  Mind you, I have a huge bull bar and winch on the front, no care in the world if I made him a hood ornament or not.  So I got up to the next night and asked WTF was wrong with him, clearly you saw me right?!  He calmly replied "Nothing happened to you", to which I told him he was ignorant af.  That's the issue to me though, if it doesn't bother someone, whether it affects them or someone one, they really don't care worth a damn, laws, rules or whatever.

What is kinda cool if you completely clean up a spot it takes a while for anyone to trash it.  If there is any trash people think it is no.big deal to add to the pile.  Most people will not be the 1st but once someone is watch out the pile grows fast

2 hours ago, Mack26 said:

RI too

Some of the most beautiful places along the entire “Striper Coast” and there’s trash everywhere. It’s friggin disgusting

As as others have stated, signs need to be posted in multiple languages. You have your traditional lazy, white trash fishermen and then you have people fishing who come from different countries where it’s like a cultural thing to litter. Just look at places like Vietnam where they go around in small boats and literally rake trash out of the water. 

It’s a damn shame.