Tailslap

2020 Daiwa Saltiga?

Rate this topic

104 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Screenshot_20201121-012345_Chrome.jpg.ac5e76017b86f30a09d4a28c645ca7a4.jpg

12 hours ago, Shipwreck said:

Did we ever post Alan's review of this reel?

What I haven't seen mentioned anywhere is the new service plan on Saltigas which looks like it accomodates previous versions too? Haven't been online much lately but from what I read on the site, it looks like the best service plan in the industry that nobody is talking about. Anyone have any experience using it yet?

Edited by dennysnook

8 mins ago, dennysnook said:

What I haven't seen mentioned anywhere is the new service plan on Saltigas which looks like it accomodates previous versions too? Haven't been online much lately but from what I read on the site, it looks like the best service plan in the industry that nobody is talking about. Anyone have any experience using it yet?

Given that I have a 2015 Saltiga 5000H as well as a Bay Jigging 4000 (both spinners), I am curious about this. I'm assuming this is one grand finale 5 year tune up...

1 hour ago, dennysnook said:

Does it really take 5 years to clean and service a saltiga????  sheesh :)

Seriously....wtf.....Who the !@# types this !@#$

I see it almost daily from major companies.

Shipwreck.....was this your doing.....thinking I'd come across it? lmao

3 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

Does it really take 5 years to clean and service a saltiga????  sheesh :)

Seriously....wtf.....Who the !@# types this !@#$

I see it almost daily from major companies.

Shipwreck.....was this your doing.....thinking I'd come across it? lmao

Inadequate care and wear and tear are not covered. Welp I'm SOL 

1 min ago, dennysnook said:

Inadequate care and wear and tear are not covered. Welp I'm SOL 

LOL

Hey..did that dude ping you on insta gram?  I told him to bug you about the irt

3 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

LOL

Hey..did that dude ping you on insta gram?  I told him to bug you about the irt

Yeah, he mentioned you off rip and seemed sincere so I gave him the time and the best advice I could. I usually only do that for the cute instagram girls lol

1 hour ago, dennysnook said:

Yeah, he mentioned you off rip and seemed sincere so I gave him the time and the best advice I could. I usually only do that for the cute instagram girls lol

LOL.

He didn't look like he had nice tiddies...so it's appreciated.

Thanks man.

I had been through 50 dm's already that night.

Video diagnosis is fun :)

That was only the third IRT inquiry this year...Great marketing they don't have....lol

9 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Who the !@# types this !@#$

A guy in Japan.  Sometimes does not translate right.

I was gonna call you a nitpicker until I realized it IS very ambiguous.  Does it mean one cleaning at 5 years or free cleaning for 5 years.  I am going to have to make a call now.  ****.  I think its a 5 year clean.

This includes any Saltiga in the current line up.  BJ, Star Drag, Lever Drag, and Spinning.

Denny, is your wear and tear that bad?  This is more angled towards abuse and improper care of reels.  They get back reels guys swear were busted right out of the box, they open them and it looks like Bikini Bottom inside.  PM me.

22 hours ago, dennysnook said:

Hi Denny, does that only apply at your region? didnt know theres a 5yrs service warranty for Salt. where do u get that information from?

48 mins ago, Tourstage said:

Hi Denny, does that only apply at your region? didnt know theres a 5yrs service warranty for Salt. where do u get that information from?

Daiwa's website. Haven't seen it talked about with this reel, which is surprising given that was the main drawback in head to head comparisons with Stellas before. Seems Daiwa has the upper hand now all around

19 hours ago, dennysnook said:

Daiwa's website. Haven't seen it talked about with this reel, which is surprising given that was the main drawback in head to head comparisons with Stellas before. Seems Daiwa has the upper hand now all around

So much so that Alan Hawk almost seemed to disavow prior versions of this and other mag oil reels, simply based on the lack of customer service support (especially the issue with the availability of the mag oil itself)...He seems to really like this new version though...I didn't read the entire review, but I wonder if the change of attitude in Daiwa's customer service helped sway Alan in that direction

I don’t know about this reel right now....seems Daiwa missed the mark on the bail arm connection....small missed details can sometimes bring down the fort.

The below vid shows what happened to mine....after not too much use, either. Seems like the single bolt that they use at the bail arm junction loosens and then wallows out the bore thus making the reel useless...duh. They also dropped the little safety security screw feature from previous models....and I can’t fathom why. 

Here’s a Stella of same size with its lock screw PLUS a locking plate...overkill one might say but it at least never gets loose or wallows out. The following pic is the 2020 Saltiga....note just one single screw without any sort of security safety lock. 

8C6E2455-CFC7-4568-85CB-1F90503A40FA.jpeg

E7301ACA-46E3-4CC9-9C87-57B0B648FC55.jpeg