Tailslap

2020 Daiwa Saltiga?

Rate this topic

103 posts in this topic

11 mins ago, albacized said:

I'm pretty sure this is just referring to visuals...There's no way to know how each of these reels performs until they hit the market. Thus we only have looks to discuss at this point...,just visually speaking, both Stellas and Saltigas had their own distinguishing looks...Now, not so much.

Sorry in a bad mood, its show season.  

2 mins ago, Shipwreck said:

Sorry in a bad mood, its show season.  

Don't be sorry - once the verdict is out on the performance of these reels, your point may very well turn out to be valid

Is anyone not going to buy a Saltiga if they look too much like a Stella if they want one? Colors look very similar to me and I would of chose different colors if it were my choice, but who really gives a crap about this argument lol.

I don't. Same color or what ever the reason, if I REALLY NEED one, then I will buy either one. But I preference still go for the Saltiga coz Daiwa Service Centre is easily access when I need servicing.

11 hours ago, Pierce said:

I don't. Same color or what ever the reason, if I REALLY NEED one, then I will buy either one. But I preference still go for the Saltiga coz Daiwa Service Centre is easily access when I need servicing.

Stella have the best service ; not Daiwa( expensive n took to long to get back your reel)?? I owe many Stella and Saltiga

On 1/12/2020 at 8:27 PM, DAQ said:

You think people use Saltiga's and Stella's at the canal to look good?

I have nothing bad to say about guys with Saltiga/Stella reels at the CCC, if anything they are showing respect to the guys next to them by not having inadequate gear. Not saying its necessary when there are other reels out there with good drag capable of landing big fish but its never bad to have some overkill when there is a courtesy in play.

38 mins ago, Sir Defyable said:

I have nothing bad to say about guys with Saltiga/Stella reels at the CCC, if anything they are showing respect to the guys next to them by not having inadequate gear. Not saying its necessary when there are other reels out there with good drag capable of landing big fish but its never bad to have some overkill when there is a courtesy in play.

Agree with you 1000%

3 hours ago, Shipwreck said:

Did we ever post Alan's review of this reel?

DId you see his blog post.

Copy and pasting could result in litigation.

Read it...you'll scratch his head.

6 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

DId you see his blog post.

Copy and pasting could result in litigation.

Read it...you'll scratch his head.

His blog post was about someone plagiarizing his review.

"plagiarize;  : to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own : use (another's production) without crediting the source"

source,Webster dictionary so I don't get blamed for plagiarization.:howdy:

Edited by olvart