Capt.Castafly

RI Fish Report Blog. Sept 11 - Sept 18

Rate this topic

63 posts in this topic

Worked the Sach over the weekend, what an awfully windy weekend it was but I managed to pull in 6 schoolies and 1 keeper at 30ins and a handful of short togs.  Water was still super weedy but a single back and single belly hook helped out a lot. I found most of the bass hiding under the seaweed near the shore line. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I  GOT A CALL FROM A DIGGER STUCK NORTH OF r/p ABOUT 9;30 THIS Morning ….. geez I wish they would get Sea tow ………….anyway it was a bitch getting him in ,,,,,,,,,, towing him to Apponaug  ,rewarded ,from Buttonwoods  to Appanaug   schools breaking on the outside & inside of us … the  bonus  [a immature bald eagle flew right over us  & a few minutes later he was in the cove scaring the hell out of the gulls ><

Edited by clammer
wo

3 hours ago, mikez2 said:

Everyone loves bunker. North of the Cape I agree.

I don't. I made my bones with big bass in the rocks in Boston.  Shallow feeding or grazing mostly at night....been pretty steady for almost three decades...  then this Late July and Right thru August the mother load of bunker decided to move right in at sundown....no bass could be found. On the nights there were no bunker there was Bass. But mostly it was up too and over 24 pods of bunker at night and no bass to be seen.  Side imaging Sonar show you everything. You don't miss.  Thats how my bass season pretty much ended.....thankfully there is Albacore to fill the void....and once the Albacore season is over its right back to fishing hold over Bass all winter in CT. Its a big adjustment from what we use to do up here.  So Bunker can kiss my ass.