Capt.Castafly

RI Fish Report Blog. Sept 11 - Sept 18

Rate this topic

63 posts in this topic

This fish report blog was created as a communal gathering place to share and report weekly fishing activity. This could benefit those you use the RI forum greatly.

The purpose is to blend together all reports into one portal, for easy access to and reporting to in one place. 

This is the second year trying this approach to this type of journal. Last year had great participation. 

Now it's up to you to post your success or skunks.   Either way let us know. It all helps us direct us to better fishing conditions. 

Fresh, factual information is the best Intel.   

Well the albies hit the area Tues in a number of places for the first time.

Not many boats out today. Just too rough with the south wind blowing 30k.

I witnessed this first hand from the Deep Hole Parking area. There should be plenty of interest now with the hardtails.

I'll be out Thursday.

Keep those reports coming, good or bad. We'd like to hear. 

Easterly blows tend to push bait in nice and close to trough lines and shallow boulder fields along the eastern fronts along the lower bay region; ditch those trebles and slap on some inline single shanks to beat out some of the vegetation. The rewards can be astounding! 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hit 2 spots last night in that bright ass moon.  First spot pulled a few fish out of a boulder field, but nothing great.  Moved after an hour and got into a solid bite for 1 hour at 2nd spot and then it shut off.  All fish were large schoolies 24- 27/28"; basically a fish every cast hooked and landed or dropped.  Fish were very aggressive, started with only hitting teaser but then as action picked up they only wanted swimming plugs.  Then after about 60 minutes the bite just stopped.  Was a fun night, especially considering i fished all alone.  

Wont be able to get out for rest of weekend due to kids sports....  :banghd:

Edited by Kooky

2 mins ago, SlackTideBri said:

Better have an assistant coach when we start posting reports in poundage and not in length! :stick:

I am the assistant!!! Oldest is doing 3 sports and youngest 2 sports, i feel like half coach and half taxi driver.

A certain wall facing west had a group of albies this morning.

Word got out Tuesday that they finally appeared in some numbers in particular popular areas. There were a number of wall bangers mostly spin guys hooking up on metals. There were also some three lbs. bluefish working the surface close to sunrise.

We got off the water after only two hours. Drenching rain and lighting sent us back to the ramp. Winds picked up too.

i'll be heading down to RI from Montréal for the first time ever this weekend to try to catch my very first Albie... I've been obsessed with catching one of these awesome fish for years, I finally got my passeport and im going to try to make it happen!!. I'll be around the Narraganset area, any tips would be greatly appreciated, driving 7hrs to make this dream come true! Thanks fellas!

I feel as if this weekend will be a big weekend for all well known public access spots for hard-tails with such talk of the Alberts finally making more of a presence. Will probably bump into a few of you from on here come Sat morning before first light. 

33 mins ago, fvgourami3 said:

I will be launching at a pavilion near some west facing rocks if anyone wants to join me. Had a close call with a big boat that nearly hit me a few weekends ago and wouldn’t mind a buddy.

I'll be heading down from Montreal for the first time ever in hopes of catching my first Albies! I would love to join you and help you out not getting hit by a huge boat Hahaha!