Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Corpslave

Oversand pass debate

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

I was wondering about the big three beach passes for next year. I currently have the race point year pass as I'm getting back into surf fishing after a 20 year break.  I see that all of them close for the birds but I haven't heard of any fish reports for nauset and Sandy neck.  I love the outer beaches and didn't know what other members had for input. I did see that Sandy neck opened 4 miles well before race point. Does anyone buy all three ? Just wondering what everyone thinks?

Every year is different with the beach closings. I had been buying both a Sandy Neck and Race Point pass for years. I decided to only get the Race Point pass this year because Sandy Neck has been mostly closed the last few summers. Of course this year was the opposite and Race Point was the one closed.  Race Point is usually better for fishing. 

9 hours ago, Kones1 said:

We need to fight all this as it is B S. !!!! What is this site for ? Save our fishing . Period.       

I can see you leading the fight. Good luck.

19 hours ago, Kones1 said:

We need to fight all this as it is B S. !!!! What is this site for ? Save our fishing . Period.       

Who do we fight?  All of the local park rangers are just enforcing the rules that the endangered species act forces them to do. You would have to take this to the federal level to see any results.  Organizations like the MBBA have been fighting this for years and have made virtually no progress.  I’m not sure if there is anything that can be done at this point.  

17 hours ago, z-man said:

Who do we fight?  All of the local park rangers are just enforcing the rules that the endangered species act forces them to do. You would have to take this to the federal level to see any results.  Organizations like the MBBA have been fighting this for years and have made virtually no progress.  I’m not sure if there is anything that can be done at this point.  

Not that I'm trying to foster insurrection or nothing (or am I?:naughty:) , but a slogan just came to mind:   " You have two choices:  Lawyer Up or Air Down"

Of course, airing down and driving out en masse in a show of defiance would probably still require you to lawyer up eventually.   But imagine a parade of beach buggies rolling past ballistic birders throwing their clipboards in the air.   Setting up picket lines of spiked poles (unbaited to avoid the inevitable seal encounter with so many fishermen on the beach).   You can appoint a couple spotters in front to shoo away any shorebirds that might wander too close, complete with sashes and hats.

On 9/12/2019 at 4:35 PM, z-man said:

The MBBA has spent thousands of dollars over the years attempting to keep these beaches open for sportsmen It continues to this day attempting to challenge the closures [some for good reasons and some not so ] Each time the leadership changes who runs the beaches a whole new  directives are issued by the government and it all starts all over again . It has been a never ending battle over the years and I do not see any long range changes that will keep them open all year , given the federal protection of the Piping plovers and the actions taken by the Audubon folks in this protection 

Posted (edited) · Report post

The NPS needs to be directed to to the job it was set up to do. These special interests people have to be told it’s about sharing the resources. These plovers are back in sufficiently numbers and have been for some time. The current administration in the White House thinks the NPS has been overstepping as far as locking taxpayers out of property we own. *

Edited by TimS

18 mins ago, Kones1 said:

The NPS needs to be directed to to the job it was set up to do. These special interests people have to be told it’s about sharing the resources. These plovers are back in sufficiently numbers and have been for some time. The current administration in the White House thinks the NPS has been overstepping as far as locking taxpayers out of property we own. Vote accordingly in 2020. 

"The current administration in the White House thinks the NPS has been overstepping???"   While the current administration wants to open up drilling all along the east coast, give away Federal land to mining & big oil, and sell off most of Alaska, & roll back Clean Air & Clean Water regulations........Vote accordingly, indeed.

The National Park Service is dedicated to conserving unimpaired the natural and cultural resources and values of the National Park System for the enjoyment, education, and inspiration of this and future generations.”

I dont think plovers are the special interests here. 

:niffty: