scoobydoo

Pure FIshing's ( Penn, Berkley, Abu) NEW AMAZON DIRECT BRAND

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

On 9/11/2019 at 4:53 PM, BrianBM said:

I'm sure the retailers who have to lay money out to carry Penn will be oh so grateful   ....    not.

Brian, if the above is accurate, it's NOT PENN products...so...not sure why retailers laying out money for PENN products would care that a different company (not PENN) is selling a different brand (not PENN) products :wave:  You'll notice that the only link is possibly that the huge company that owns PENN also owns other companies that sell other brands...in other words, exactly what companies that own lots of brands have always done  :)

TimS

I think they'll view it as the first step towards a sale model reliant primarily on the Internet.

Years ago, when I was writing for The Fisherman, the LI/NY edition started carrying ads for a large mail-order operation. I forget which firm was the new advertiser. Several retailers who knew me gave me an earful about this sudden assault on their business, ruin me, starve my children, etc.  You'd've though I was running the paper myself with no aim other than to torment them, and make them eat the family dog to avoid starvation.

4 hours ago, TimS said:

Brian, if the above is accurate, it's NOT PENN products...so...not sure why retailers laying out money for PENN products would care that a different company (not PENN) is selling a different brand (not PENN) products :wave:  You'll notice that the only link is possibly that the huge company that owns PENN also owns other companies that sell other brands...in other words, exactly what companies that own lots of brands have always done  :)

TimS