scoobydoo

Pure FIshing's ( Penn, Berkley, Abu) NEW AMAZON DIRECT BRAND

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

I heard rumors back in march that Pure fishing was setting up an amazon direct brand.  But nobody knew the name of it.  

(((spoiler..... Here's the link to what I believe is their Amazon store  https://amzn.to/2Q7ALPE  )))

Well thank's to the AVENGERS Jeremy Renner.   I think I figured it out. 

His Amazon store banner has been popping up for the last few weeks....So I decided to take a peek.

The banner image was him holding some chinesium looking spinning combo.   Yet the first fishiing item linked to buy was a penn battle 2 combo.....Thought that was odd...

SO I blew up the banner image and sure enough....Some no name Kalex brand (and no not the old abu garcia ambassadeur Kalex.)

I checked out the Kalex site went right to the contact us page.

And there it was.......

Kalex Customer Service
7 Science Ct
Columbia, SC 29203

Below is Pure Fishing's contact info

Pure Fishing, Inc.
7 Science Court
Columbia, SC 29203

Not sure if this brand is amazon only as it shows up on other large esites.

Looks like they want a piece of Kastking and Piscifuns pie.

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 hours ago, hobobob said:

Good sleuthing scoop. Here is another proof for you. Wonder if it's any different than their normal braid. at 1/6th of the price.

The label on the braid has Pure Fishing's address and lists the e-mail address kalexcustomerservice@newellco.com, but Newell sold Pure Fishing to a private equity firm late in 2018. So the labels have existed for a while at least. On the Amazon page there's a review from May 2019 that shows the same label. As usual the reviews are garbage tier and most of them are paid reviews.

I don't know where you're getting 1/6th the price from, it's $15 for a 330yd spool and the spiderwire (pure fishing) dura 4-braid is $15 for a 300yd spool. I bet they're the same product.

Edited by jcberg

8 mins ago, jcberg said:

The label on the braid has Pure Fishing's address and lists the e-mail address kalexcustomerservice@newellco.com, but Newell sold Pure Fishing to a private equity firm late in 2018. So the labels have existed for a while at least. On the Amazon page there's a review from May 2019 that shows the same label. As usual the reviews are garbage tier and most of them are paid reviews.

I don't know where you're getting 1/6th the price from, it's $15 for a 330yd spool and the spiderwire (pure fishing) dura 4-braid is $15 for a 300yd spool. I bet they're the same product.

Guaranteed they’re the same product, or else it’s the kastking braid from the same Chinese supplier they buy from. 

Those fake reviews are one one of the most unethical & abhorrent developments of the internet age. Totally ruined the consumer voice. 

stuff looks REALLLY cheap to me........    I'll pass.  if I need cheap Chinese stuff, I'll go with other brands that have been around a while

One more reason to stick to the old dependable workhorses

Far too much of the stuff I see guys fishing with is Chinese throw away garbage

10 hours ago, Sudsy said:

I generally agree, but so many things are made in China, Malaysia, etc. Or, things are assembled in one place with components coming from five other countries. How does a consumer judge quality?

I used to think I could somewhat rely on reviews of other users experiences, which is why those fake reviews are so damaging. 

1 hour ago, EricDice said:

I generally agree, but so many things are made in China, Malaysia, etc. Or, things are assembled in one place with components coming from five other countries. How does a consumer judge quality?

Scooby always rips me for loving my old 706's, Mitchells, GSB Lami's, original Fireline.....

But I never have to quit fishing because my gear failed

I try to own NOTHING made in China

13 hours ago, Sudsy said:

If everybody would stick to the old dependable workhorse. The fishing industry would collapse within a year. Scooby would be out of a job. There are some good chinesium, the problem is that you have to wade through so much of the disposable crap to get to it. scoob is one way for us to cut through the bulls***.  smoke and mirrors.  For most people disposable is good enough, as long as the price is low enough.

3 hours ago, Sudsy said:

Scooby always rips me for loving my old 706's, Mitchells, GSB Lami's, original Fireline.....

But I never have to quit fishing because my gear failed

I try to own NOTHING made in China

706's and GSB's and Fireline I've never ripped you for that.

It's every single other piece of gear that predates color tv that I rip you for.

That and your height.....lol

Maybe one day those kinds of names will put out some good gear. The only thing I've liked from similar brands like KK has been the braid. Every reel I've had got sent back. However, even with the braid I recently moved up to the Jbraid. The only problem with the KK braid I had was it was way too rough, almost like sandpaper. Other than that it was tough, casts far and got minimal wind knots, only due to my fault. I wonder if Kalex will be any smoother. 15 bucks for 330 yard of 30# is a pretty good deal.