Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FishermanTim

had a fun evening down in Duxbury last night...

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

My salt water trips have not been anywhere as numerous as years past, so when I decided to go last night for the high tide I was hoping to catch at least one fish.

Seems like the bait was moving last night and the shadow from the PP bridge created a gauntlet that these minnows had to cross to get out into the bay.

Although they were pretty much all schoolies, there were fish just about all the way across the bridge, from shore to shore.

I had to up my lure size to prevent the micros from getting hooked on almost every cast.

Even after putting on a 7" slug-go on a 1/2 oz. jig I was still getting some small bass, but not as many as when I used a 3" storm shad.

Oh, and there were small blues in the mix as well, so you never knew what you had until you pulled it up to unhook it.

After a couple dozen fish I decided to head home so I wouldn't be a zombie here at work today.

I will definitely plan some more outings before the season fully ends....

Not to worry, as my fishing fix is a tear round event.

Ice fishing, surf casting, kayak fishing and even some shore fishing (for carp)....except for skipping some night kayak fishing chances (EEE threat) it's a pretty well-rounded year.

I watched the Equilizer 2 with Denzel this week... it was funny watching the scene of Denzel crossing PPB with the CGI waves and wind added...