dbjpb

Sea Brite

66 posts in this topic

I no longer fish from a kayak but I will be out front on my jetski looking for bonito and albies. I hope to find them. I was out last weekend in front of IBSP and found many pods of bunker but alas , nothing was on them. Did get one small blue trolling, but I just enjoyed being out there. Catching fish is a by product. 

11 hours ago, robmedina said:

I no longer fish from a kayak but I will be out front on my jetski looking for bonito and albies. I hope to find them. I was out last weekend in front of IBSP and found many pods of bunker but alas , nothing was on them. Did get one small blue trolling, but I just enjoyed being out there. Catching fish is a by product. 

Hey Rob,

So how do you like the setup?  Level of comfort, ease of fishing, etc.

12 hours ago, robmedina said:

Two person jet ski set up? I may have seen you. 

10 hours ago, jlapenta said:

Hey Rob,

So how do you like the setup?  Level of comfort, ease of fishing, etc.

John  I love it. I launch in way less time as I don't have to assemble everything like the Hobie AI. I sit way higher so I can see the action better, I am more comfortable standing while casting so that helps. I launch in oyster creek and in 10 minutes I am trolling in front of IBSP- it really has made a big impact on the way I fish, I feel more productive.  I also dont feel like I could get run over like in the Hobie.  The only downside is finding places to launch- That is one thing the kayaks have over it but I can live with it. 

8 hours ago, Buckscorider said:

Two person jet ski set up? I may have seen you. 

Its a 3 seater but I would never have 3 on board while fishing. 2 people are doable but a little tight. For one person it is fantastic. I added a rod holder up front so I can troll and keep the rod in site without having to spin around. 

rodholder review.JPG

Good luck out there tomorrow.  Was considering going but went to Nox this evening and my rudder wouldn’t stay down. There was slack in the pull up line so I shortened it a little bit.  It worked but now the grommet and plastic sheath sticks out when the rudder is drawn up.  I don’t trust it for an ocean launch.  Off to YouTube to try and learn how to fix the damn thing. :banghd:

F14AFECD-AF40-471B-92F9-A23975E8657B.jpeg

Hope you guys get some good fishing. Note water temps. Still hanging around 72 to 73. I marked last weekend out there. Albies have been running further away from shore so far. When you see the pods it's very sporadic and quick. What's crazy is how much bait so far out on top of the water. 

Launched at Sea Bright with a buddy this morning. It was beautiful. 30 minutes before we launched, a bunch of  other kayaks launched and we never saw them again.  We headed out to the green can and picked up one blue fish on the way There was nothing going on as far as albies or other blitzing fish so we decided to bottom fish for porgies.  We found a couple spots where we were getting slammed every drop.  By noon the wind was really picking up and we had had enough so we headed in.  We were faced with a PACKED beach.  It's bad enough trying to surf land when the beach is empty, with a thousand people watching and kids as obstacles, it's a whole different experience. Fortunately we made it in without a hitch and then had to navigate a bunch of bikinis to get our kayaks off the sand.

Waiting for this ocean to settle down to head out front. Keep me in the loop when a group plans to head out. Big fish going on now. Would be nice to get in on that bite. Possible window Saturday morning?

Saturday is looking near perfect for a surf launch.  Surf under a foot, wind 10 or less, swells around a foot. sunny, 60 degrees air, and 61 degree water.  3 of us are heading out.  If the stripers or albies aren't around, black seabass is open and the area is very productive for them and porgies.