Peace and Tranquilty

Rate this topic

Angler #1

Given some of the recent postings in how some here enjoy the peace and tranquil feeling just sitting and enjoying the surroundings even when the fish are not feeding , gives rise to the same feelings however out of the water comes this huge denizens of the deep . For example how many times has any one experienced fishing the shore line and having a Mola Mola [Ocean Sun fish break the surface with just force that the wake from the fish reaches where you are set up fishing and the noise is so loud that it puts a chill down your spine as it is a sound like no other when it crashes back into the water The peace of the moment is all broken up if you are able to see it with your eyes or hear it if it is at the stealth hours. A moment in peace and tranquility that you will remember forever.

Another moment of enjoying the peace and tranquil surroundings in a boat , when out of the deep come a giant Blue fin tuna . Watching the water around it simply explode as the giant propels it whole body out of the calm blue water and is completely air borne as it is chasing down a fresh meal of blue fish or mackerel . The Blue fin tunas huge body ascends back into the calm waters with a loud thunderous splash and the wake reaches your boat with enough force that it begins to rock from its motion , You may be alone fishing these peaceful and tranquil places and witness one of natures more beautiful visual and hearing sites. Once you become a witness to these peaceful and tranquil events you lock it in your memory bank to be recalled at a further time down the road when as you sit in the boat or on a shore line fishing wonder if as you are not catching any fish, nor do you expect to, look for such a happening to occur again that reminds us all that peace and tranquility comes in various ways when out on the water.

So we all should say thank you as we just take it in this wonderment our creator has given us to appreciate and enjoy all at the while as we   sit with rod and reel in our hand hoping for the big one to hit. Proving once again that fishing is not just about catching fish.   

Life member M.B.B.A #509

Life member Izaak Walton Fishing Association

Life member Cape Cod Canal

A quiet evening fishing a local bridge, no other anglers around, fish breaking below and a clear moonlit sky.

The only other thing I enjoy in this setting is the occasional shooting star that accents the evening sky.

Oddly enough, when I describe these settings (which I enjoy numerous time each season) people say "You mean there was no one else around?" and I reply "Yes, that's what made it so peaceful and enjoyable for me"!

Sure, I'd like to bring friends and family (anglers) to partake of this slice of heaven, but alas, not everyone enjoys it as much as me. Things like the drone of a small plane passing overhead, the distant sound of a fog horn from a light house, the sporadic splash of fish, both predator and prey, and the peaceful time spent away from life's issues.

My dad enjoyed these, and he was fortunate enough to have at least one of his six sons enjoy them just as much.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!