ovenrat

NEVER FORGET :-(

Rate this topic

149 posts in this topic

18 mins ago, fishing pete said:

I will never forget. EVER!

It bothers me this time of year.

Me too, Pete. My wife says I get very quiet and edgy. I can't help but think about all of my friends, fellow Firefighters, Police officers and innocent people who were killed that day.        Never Forget !!!

If I close my eyes and think about how I first heard about it and then watched it unfold on television, I still get that hollow feeling in the pit of my stomach. How could anyone ever forget ? Seriously, how?

We have teenagers working the dock during the summer. I asked if they learn about September 11th in school. They said NO. How can they forget something they don't even know? We can be a stupid people. 

I will never forget. I’ve certainly put a lot of emotions from that day way down deep in a locked away place in my mind but today is the day I watch a video, think about all of the aftermath, the ceremonies, the unity and patriotism of everyone. It was extreme tragedy and loss of life. It affected families so deeply and permanently. Those Moms, Dads, brothers & sisters, sons & daughters will be in my prayers today and everyday quite frankly. 

I look back back and I yearn for that era. I yearn for a time with no social media impact and a **** ton of normal people living life. That day changed it all for a lot of people. 

9/11/2001 :( 

It is sort of spooky being in NJ during this time period. I remember the day as if it were yesterday as I heard and then saw the entire thing unfold on TV at work, Donna was on her way to NJ, incommunicado, and it wasn't until she got to Greenwich Ct before she heard she couldn't cross the bridges and had to turn around and come home.

As a kid growing up right next to route 3 in Clifton, I watched the WTC being built from my bedroom window in the 60's. I remember when they first started my father, who worked in Manhattan, took me to work via the PATH trains. At that time they were digging the substructure, and I could see the "tubes" (as my father called the PATH and subway) running across the big hole.

May they all rest in peace, and their surviving family and friends, as well as all the responders that helped in the aftermath find the strength and support to deal with this day.