foxfai

WTB outboard motor for a dingy

5 posts in this topic

Figure I try here. Looking for a outboard motor -- 2-4hp for my dingy to zip around the bay. 

Locate in Boston, MA. I can come around your end to look at if price is right and not way too far. 

How far are you willing to travel? I have an '04 Yamaha 4hp in great shape that I'm looking to sell for $750. I'd meet you halfway. If you're interested, I have pics, and we can figure out a way to do an in-person running of the motor.

32 mins ago, csteven said:

How far are you willing to travel? I have an '04 Yamaha 4hp in great shape that I'm looking to sell for $750. I'd meet you halfway. If you're interested, I have pics, and we can figure out a way to do an in-person running of the motor.

4hp might be a little too fancy for us to be honest.... plus you are kinda far...

Thanks for the offer though.

23 hours ago, foxfai said:

4hp might be a little too fancy for us to be honest.... plus you are kinda far...

Thanks for the offer though.

I have a 1970ish Evinrude 6hp motor I used to have on a 12' aluminum Lowe boat. It's been sitting up at my cabin in Upstate NY for the last few years. It has a 5 gallon tank and is 2 stroke. I can see if I can dig up some pics of it. It runs beautifully but the throttle needs to be run manually or repaired. I'd let it go for real cheap just to make room in the shipping container garage.

14 hours ago, nycstripers16 said:

I have a 1970ish Evinrude 6hp motor I used to have on a 12' aluminum Lowe boat. It's been sitting up at my cabin in Upstate NY for the last few years. It has a 5 gallon tank and is 2 stroke. I can see if I can dig up some pics of it. It runs beautifully but the throttle needs to be run manually or repaired. I'd let it go for real cheap just to make room in the shipping container garage.

I think a 6 HP might be a little too big for a 10' dingy.... plus you are a bit far...