NPV

Shore Fishing for Albies (Chatham Area)?

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hey guys I'll be on the Cape for a few days next week and was thinking I'd take advantage of a few morning to sneak out before the GF is awake and do some fishing. Now obviously I'm not looking for any specific spots but I do have some questions.

We'll be staying in Chatham/Harwich area and I was thinking I'd try hitting a couple of the South facing beaches (not East facing) for Albies. Is there any chance of actually catching shore based Albies in this area or would I be better off striper fishing or heading West on the Cape to another beach? I know Albies can be caught anywhere but how often are shore-based Ablies caught in this area.

Edited by NPV

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, chewwy said:

Area is loaded with albies. Find a long stretch jetty near west harwich area and you have a good change of getting them.

Thanks, I saw one on Google Earth I liked the looks of. My concerns was parking at a nearby "Beach Club" and possible ramifications of being a non-member out of stater. The other two locations I saw looked to only have private access.

The beached in Chatham looked much more user friendly but I wasn't sure they had the potential of producing as many fish.

Edited by NPV

Oh, there are, rest assured.  There are a lot of beaches down the side roads off Rt. 28, heading towards Stage Harbor - they all have jetties.

29 mins ago, golden said:

Oh, there are, rest assured.  There are a lot of beaches down the side roads off Rt. 28, heading towards Stage Harbor - they all have jetties.

Thank you!

Chasing albies in a MV is parking lot bingo.Incoming,higher water,and toss in 1st light.Binoculars are a must too.W.Yarmouth to Chatham.Find the bait find the fish.

You can pay to park in my driveway if you want to fish that jetty. 

That stone lot near the beach club has no parking signs on it. People park there everyday and no one gets a ticket. Dont quote me if you do, but ive never seen it and cops go down there all the time. Also if you can park in front of the dock you can park there. But watch because the water comes up into the lot at high tide. But you should only be fishing the outgoing there anyways. Ive said too much

6 hours ago, aglenn said:

You can pay to park in my driveway if you want to fish that jetty. 

That stone lot near the beach club has no parking signs on it. People park there everyday and no one gets a ticket. Dont quote me if you do, but ive never seen it and cops go down there all the time. Also if you can park in front of the dock you can park there. But watch because the water comes up into the lot at high tide. But you should only be fishing the outgoing there anyways. Ive said too much

Thanks for the help, I've determined I am going to stick around the beaches further to the East for my morning trip. But I may be able to convince my GF to stop at the beach club place on our way back home. It might be perfect timing looks like outgoing will be about mid-day (when we'll be heading back). One last question; that stone lot is to the West of the club correct just want to make sure I'm looking at the right thing before I end up with a boot on my car?

5 hours ago, NPV said:

Thanks for the help, I've determined I am going to stick around the beaches further to the East for my morning trip. But I may be able to convince my GF to stop at the beach club place on our way back home. It might be perfect timing looks like outgoing will be about mid-day (when we'll be heading back). One last question; that stone lot is to the West of the club correct just want to make sure I'm looking at the right thing before I end up with a boot on my car?

Yeah the stone lot or the dirt right before the dock. Just dont park in front of the oyster growing place, the wood building on the water in the stone lot. Great rule of thumb for that spot. The best fishing takes place when the water is draining out of the bottom of that building to simulate low tide on the outgoing