a4scoot

Latinos get some Justice.

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

Today at the Chuckway I noticed some Pilgrim fishermen at the end not speaking English.  They were engaged in fishing for schoolies at the tip.  I was further inland so couldnt see everything they were doing.  I did notice they caught 2 stripers but didn't see where they went.  Not long after they departed.  

After a few minutes another fisherman came down the rocks and said the Mexicans had been arrested by the DEM Officer.  If l had seen more stripers disapear l would have called.  l have the # in my fone but the DEM have been there 2 days in a row so have your license ready!!  They had 4 undersized stripers in a 5 gallon white bucket and 2 more in their truck. Should  have got pictures to post.  They were actually from Ecuador and tried to play the no speakie card.  They knew they were in trouble when the officer started speaking Spanish!!

I have been noticing more and more of the white bucket brigade staying after dark (they usually leave at dark, once they dump their trash) when there are schoolies around.  Thinking this poaching is going on more and more.

10 mins ago, SlackTideBri said:

It's more prevalent in less popular locations. DEM should check out spots off the beaten path. Some are now taking to kayaks for their piggery.

Interestingly the spot im thinking is a big time white bucket spot during daylight hours but pretty vacant during the night hours.  and NEVER gets patrolled.  I had a DEM officer roll up to me last year at night when i was getting ready to leave, rolls down his window and says "how is the fishing?".  I respond that it was pretty good, never checked my license or if i had caught anything...........

6 hours ago, SlackTideBri said:

It's more prevalent in less popular locations. DEM should check out spots off the beaten path. Some are now taking to kayaks for their piggery.

I have been out there when this happens. Sit insides full of sea Bass 

2 hours ago, fvgourami3 said:

I have been out there when this happens. Sit insides full of sea Bass 

Its perfect for them. They load up the yak full of fish out there then spend all of 5 minutes at the launch site for a load and go. They figure the fines could be $300.00+ and put that kind of money into kayaks to dodge the man. 

Meanwhile, just a few weeks ago, a couple of non-latinos were doing far more damage to the striper population.

Two Rhode Island men were arrested for violating daily fishing limits on Wednesday, according to authorities.

Robert Majors, 41, of Bristol, and Peter Parente, 53, of West Greenwich, were arrested for being in possession of 38 striped bass believed to have been caught in a protected area off the coast of Block Island.

And if you want to see more non-latinos or non-asians doing far more damage to the striper population, head over to the Cape Cod Canal on comm days.