Rhode Island

Rate this topic

UPSmanMatt

19 hours ago, quack said:

"PAWTUCKET, R.I. (WPRI) – Hasbro expects to announce a decision in the next three to six months on where it will build its future headquarters, and moving out of Rhode Island remains an option, the toy giant’s chairman and CEO tells WPRI 12."

...that was March or April.

Interesting. I haven't kept up with them since I quit working for them back in 2012.

====Mako Mike====
Makomania Sportfishing
Pt. Judith, RI

It's a wonderful state other than the politicians.  Liberals have really destroyed the state but the people keep voting them back in.  I guess that says it all about Rhode Island

"A successful man is one who can lay a strong foundation with the bricks thrown at him."- David Brinkley

5 hours ago, splions said:

It's a wonderful state other than the politicians.  Liberals have really destroyed the state but the people keep voting them back in.  I guess that says it all about Rhode Island

In EG the entire town council except 1 person was removed this past election.  They were mismanaging the town and everyone had enough of it and got involved, it was great to see.  I would hope the rest of the state would have the same wake up call at some point but RI'ers hate change.

Look at legalized marijuana.  We are stupid enough to decrimanlize it and yet not legalize it, while MA legalizes it.  So RI'ers drive to MA drop a bunch of tax revenue and then drive back to RI where they cant get in trouble for it........ Whether someone is pro or anti legalization its just another example of RI constantly being behind the 8ball.  Beer is another example, folks come from all over to try our breweries but can only by 24 cans, again lost tax revenue, when they can drive to MA and get as much as they want........ We are always ass backwards......

Edited by Kooky
^^ I didnt even notice it didnt get censored, I guess anal is acceptable in SOL....

On 9/13/2019 at 8:36 AM, Kooky said:

In EG the entire town council except 1 person was removed this past election.  They were mismanaging the town and everyone had enough of it and got involved, it was great to see.  I would hope the rest of the state would have the same wake up call at some point but RI'ers hate change.

Look at legalized marijuana.  We are stupid enough to decrimanlize it and yet not legalize it, while MA legalizes it.  So RI'ers drive to MA drop a bunch of tax revenue and then drive back to RI where they cant get in trouble for it........ Whether someone is pro or anti legalization its just another example of RI constantly being behind the 8ball.  Beer is another example, folks come from all over to try our breweries but can only by 24 cans, again lost tax revenue, when they can drive to MA and get as much as they want........ We are always ass backwards......

For what it’s worth, the town council members that were voted out for drastically mismanaging the town and its finances...they were all Republicans. Plenty of A$$holes on both sides 

3 hours ago, jcs71 said:

For what it’s worth, the town council members that were voted out for drastically mismanaging the town and its finances...they were all Republicans. Plenty of A$$holes on both sides 

Regular party labels are for show. They all are members of the “It’s My Turn At The Trough” party. 

Edited by fishinbill

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 0:55 PM, SlackTideBri said:

Honestly tourists and vacationers get away on the dirt cheap as far as parking, camping and licencing fees. Raise the rates and they'll have extra in the kitty. It's like RI undervalues the resources it has. The only permit for non resident that they have right is the $200 for beach driving. Even if they did jack up the rate, I'd still pay it.

Have ya seen the new camping fee structure? East beach is now $55.00 per night for non-residents $28.00 per night residents. They state raised rates back in May after the start of the season.   

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:53 AM, UPSmanMatt said:

I’m good for one thread per year now. Had to fill my quota.  :fire:

That's is Matt come in and start POO and leave! LOL

"Growing old is inevitable growing UP is optional"
"Rock and Roll never Dies it just passes out"

I have worked in RI manufacturing industry for 29 years. Have owned a cottage on the South coast for 11 years. My wife and I love it, but our residence in in MA. We would love to retire to RI but the tax burden is just to much. The issue is to fix the problem would mean to reduce the spending. Can you imagine what would happen in the RI cities if they drastically cut the social programs? The people would revolt. I grew up next to Woonsocket. Went to high school there 35 years ago. It wasn't the best city but there was still a lot of people that contributed to society. Now there are just to many takers and the state is to small to cover the costs. Maybe if property values continue to drop in the cities people that can't afford MA start moving in and renovating, which should drive improvements.

Until then we will continue to see CT, MA and Florida plates all over the South Shore. Enjoying all the awesome aspects of RI and avoiding a significant part of the financial burden.

If you own a place in r.i., and pay property taxes,(my family did for 45 years) then leave for the winter, I would say your an asset

If your from another state and visit, and either rent a cottage or get a motel room to stay, and buy meals and or do tourist stuff

I would say your an asset

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2019 at 9:10 AM, borntafish said:

Have ya seen the new camping fee structure? East beach is now $55.00 per night for non-residents $28.00 per night residents. They state raised rates back in May after the start of the season.   

That's is Matt come in and start POO and leave! LOL

Hi Gary :hi5:

"In RI there are clowns and serious people. You Matt, are in the serious people group." -RJ

SOCO Surfcasting