UPSmanMatt

Rhode Island

Rate this topic

44 posts in this topic

worst schools in New England, with some of the worst individual schools in the country. 

a $22 million pedestrian and bike bridge that you cant ride a bike on...

a $20 something million dollar bridge that isn't even ten years old and has deemed to be fuqd.

one of the most corrupt governments in the county (if not the most).

pro illegal immigrant.

decades of liberal policies have all but destroyed this state.  

sugar coating it is part of the issue. 

I did see a report a while back that put RI dead last in the country in highway infrastructure.

Surprised the **** out of me.

Still love it though.

Honestly tourists and vacationers get away on the dirt cheap as far as parking, camping and licencing fees. Raise the rates and they'll have extra in the kitty. It's like RI undervalues the resources it has. The only permit for non resident that they have right is the $200 for beach driving. Even if they did jack up the rate, I'd still pay it.

1 hour ago, z-man said:

Are there any jobs left in RI?  Half the cars on 95 North in MA in the mornings have RI license plates. Traffic is getting horrible. 

I'm one of those vehicles; usually with a 9' surf stick and a VSX150 on the roof for after work activities...Such a shame to see the state of RI's infrastructure dwindling away to basically high-school students and elderly workers being majority of the work force...I mean come on, who can afford to work at a job making $16.50hr and still pay bills....MA is dishing a serious hurting to the economy of RI based off of skilled labored jobs and business growth as a whole. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, Billybob said:

I did see a report a while back that put RI dead last in the country in highway infrastructure.

Surprised the **** out of me.

Still love it though.

those are basically Lincoln logs holding up a bridge

ri.png

Edited by HugeDinghy

Posted (edited) · Report post

14 mins ago, SlackTideBri said:

Honestly tourists and vacationers get away on the dirt cheap as far as parking, camping and licencing fees. Raise the rates and they'll have extra in the kitty. It's like RI undervalues the resources it has. The only permit for non resident that they have right is the $200 for beach driving. Even if they did jack up the rate, I'd still pay it.

aren't all state beach parking (for out of staters) double too?

Edited by HugeDinghy

I like the unofficial state motto “ I know a guy”

What corporations are left in RI other than Citizens Bank?  Why would any new businesses ever want to move there with the way the state is run?