Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crozzbow

Where the heck is OOB?

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

On 9/9/2019 at 6:33 PM, Crozzbow said:

Has anybody seen or heard from OOB lately.

I sort of miss his sage advice and beach related observations.

OOB is present and accounted for, I don’t frequent the pages of SOL as much as I used to but I’m still fishing. And speaking of (I’ve only had this thought come and go a thousand times for a myriad of reasons the last couple/few weeks) I haven’t forgotten about ya Crozzbow, we still need to wet a line here before the seasons over. I’m dropping my daughter off tomorrow after she gets out of work and have a pretty clear schedule for the next 7+ days, any chance the activity coordinator would allow for some night time Tomfoolery in the coming days? I know the tides are getting a lil late and the nights a bit colder but maybe a mid tide end of the week/this weekend/early next week? Hell I’d even be willing to switch things up completely and catch an early morning tide, or an afternoon, pretty much game for anything.

As for the the sage advice and beach-related observations, I haven’t much to report on the season worth much more than a hill of beans. I’ve caught and released a good amount of fish but no keepers and nothing really bigger than the all-too-common mid twenty inchers we’ve been seeing for a few seasons now. I fished pretty hard the beginning of the season and bounced around from river to beach to docks to rocks and anywhere  in between. Save for a stellar morning with SKS (complete with a couple fresh off the lathe, hand-turned top-water plugs) early in the season where we caught and released a few dozen fish on the Saco and another evening I found a pile of fish feeding on silversides by the millions, it’s been a hit and miss kind of year for me. I’ve had a few good nights on the beaches between P.P. & Camp Ellis where the fish were both plentiful and hungry, but they’re fewer and farther between than they used to be. I’m thinking next year is gonna be a total 180, time to concentrate my efforts a lil further north & south and around more structure......just haven’t seen the size or numbers I used to see in my normal haunts and my stubbornness prevents me from buying into the fishery being THAT far gone, although it’s most definitely in decline. 

Any way I’ve rambled on long enough, glad to see you’re still out there pounding the sand. I do still read and enjoy all your N.O.P. entries, the tube and worm has been good to you over the years for sure. Let me know if you can find some time to sneak out for a few hours and  maybe we can put a few fish on the beach......

Hey good buddy

Glad to see your still amongst the living.

As it stands now the activity coordinator doesn't have me scheduled for anything from September 11th to September 22nd.

So I'm reading that as anything that works for you works for me.

A night outing is okay with the activity coordinator as long as I don't come home smelling like beer or strange perfume. The stink of bait and fresh fish is marginally okay so long as I hit the shower first thing after I get home.

It’s not only you Bud, many of us that spend unreal amounts of time out there are seeing the same thing less and less big fish and lots of Smalls, the fishery is going to be in a world of hurt if there aren’t changes soon. But hey we still get out there and enjoy the outdoors, if the stripers become a thing of the past you guys will be welcome to visit me in FL because they’ll be no reason to stay in the Northeast lol

Silence is deafening in here lately. id like to think its becuz guys are catching nonstop and have no time to post. but thats the overly optimistic view.