LGFishing

Info on Daiwa BG

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

With the Daiwa BGs ... if you use Daiwa J8 braid I've found they will hold exactly the amount found on the spool specs. So if a Daiwa BG 3000 spool will hold 170 yards of 30 lbs test braid ... and that's the amount on the J Braid spool (150 meters) ... it matches perfectly.

Maintaining a reel in the salt environment is just a standard practice / habit one should have. Swimming with a reel ... any reel is just a little silly to me. If it happens to you with this reel ... the reel will perform but you'll want to do a tear down afterward. On the other hand fishing from the rocks or a boat ... just wash it down like you would have done with an old Penn Spinfisher ... or Daiwa BG for that matter.

They are a great reel for the money ... a price disruptor in the fishing reel marketplace.

18 hours ago, kombi_rs said:

Here’s my 4500 w/ approx 300yd 30lb spiderwire stealth. Planning on changing to daiwa jbraid 8strand

F463B6C1-BA23-46AD-B8F1-11B1EA052A99.jpeg

Damn ain't she a pretty reel. Plus they catch, getting on a bonito bite with mine:

2C7055FE-DCF2-49BD-B8EE-4A953759D472.jpeg

What size /lb braid and ratio do you want to use?it has limitation only FAST RATIO/retrieve:banghd:

daiwa should get BG 4.9-4.3 ratio for jigging. In order to compete with spf5500 5.6ratio but only 39"ipt vs bg4500 +3.5oz 5.7/43"........and LETHAL or SOCORRO <SPHEROS(costs a little more but it is better)

To protect it from salt you can put a fat layer under the rotor (there is a tutorial)