punkroktownie

VR50 is pretty cool

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I won this in a poll and I'm digging it. I've heard of some with bad line lay but I must have gotten a decent one. Skunked with it for my first two outings but now the curse is gone.

Seems small but powerful. It's so comfy!

Now I just need to know where to go in the Saco area. My typical spots seem to mostly be a bust!

Edited by punkroktownie

9 mins ago, Roccus7 said:

Thinking you didn't/don't listen to Traffic...

Now I'm really confused but,it don't matter.

If your talking about anything other than a massively over priced $500 dollar spinning reel, I'm probably too old to know what it all means.

40 mins ago, Crozzbow said:

Now I'm really confused but,it don't matter.

If your talking about anything other than a massively over priced $500 dollar spinning reel, I'm probably too old to know what it all means.

In total agreement on the $500 price tag, especially when the OP complained about the line not spooling well.  For that price reel should spool itself and do windows...

As for the "humor" part, you are old enough, but possibly oblivious to the name of an album, "The Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys" from the band Traffic.  I'm sure some, if not all the original Traffic band members' names will ring a bell: Steve Winwod, Rich Grech, Dave Mason & Jim Capaldi.  If not my only comment has to be "OY!!!"

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, Roccus7 said:

As for the "humor" part, you are old enough, but possibly oblivious to the name of an album, "The Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys" from the band Traffic.  I'm sure some, if not all the original Traffic band members' names will ring a bell: Steve Winwod, Rich Grech, Dave Mason & Jim Capaldi.  If not my only comment has to be "OY!!!"

The light just came on.

A late 60's band that played that god awful British hippy music. If my father ever caught me listening to that crap he would have boxed my ears and forced me to listen to his CW music in my room for a straight 24 hours or more. 

Did we just high jack the punkroktownie's

thread??

Edited by Crozzbow

1 hour ago, Roccus7 said:

In total agreement on the $500 price tag, especially when the OP complained about the line not spooling well.  For that price reel should spool itself and do windows...

Yeah

id rather replace another window on the north side of my house and grab another baitrunner 6000

unless you are skishing (or whatever those nuts call it). I don’t get the investment of a simple featured Delorean of a reel.  Then again, hats off to the people who commit that hard to getting out that far in the wash

but hey if you have the coin and like bling why not?

I agree great reel. I put it through the ringer this season.  I agree with all the thoughts on the price tag.....I do have plenty of less expensive reels that work very well.....but this thing worth it. I’ve spent plenty more on much less useful endeavors.