OutdoorLover

Surf Fishing... Striper? Blues?

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

Hey all!

 

My brother and I have been looking to do some surf casting and hoping to catch some stripers or blues. Not necessarily this time of year, as we are up here all four seasons. We are stationed out of Southold. Anything right off of Jessups neck? Cedar Beach Point? Horton's Point? Anything will be helpful. 

Thanks all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are stationed on good spot.That should be fair action on stripers and blues around you.

And it should get better after end of September, when they start making fall run.

As for the spots, you are on your own.

Put some time, walk around and test for yourself.

My spot may not be good for you and nobody wants to share their "secret" spots and "honey-hole"

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you. I’m not asking for specific spots, but more so guidance. The places that I mentioned seem like they would be good areas and they’re honestly very broad areas. So I was asking has experience or has heard that those places are active and if you approach it properly you’ll be successful.

 

Thank you for the info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most people won't even get as specific as the spots you listed lol. No one's trying to be mean, but with declining resources and increased fishing pressure, no one benefits from spot burning. Best way to find out is bring some bucktails with you and find out yourself. Pre-scout on google maps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Understood, so I assume that they can be effectively caught from the surf then.  I figured those spots that I listed were very popular spots so I wouldn’t be spoiling anything, but I can understand the sacredness of a honey hole. Will do some work and see where it takes me.

 

Thanks all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OutdoorLover said:

Understood, so I assume that they can be effectively caught from the surf then.  I figured those spots that I listed were very popular spots so I wouldn’t be spoiling anything, but I can understand the sacredness of a honey hole. Will do some work and see where it takes me.

 

Thanks all

Not very popular but could be very productive. And your close to many other spots. Learn the spots you listed fishing should be getting better. Small bucktails, bombers, poppers in the morning or sundown. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lloyd Neck, just park at the base of someone's driveway and walk the property line to the water

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 2:43 PM, Mpmuddy said:

Is there anywhere near Bayville or Oyster Bay, that someone could recommend?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GarbageFish said:

Lloyd Neck, just park at the base of someone's driveway and walk the property line to the water

 

+1

Great place; free parking behind 7-11, just across from Rail Road tracks, between 5PM and 7AM.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be there right now if I wasn’t evicting a nightmare tenant 

5 mins ago, Popasilov said:

+1

Great place; free parking behind 7-11, just across from Rail Road tracks, between 5PM and 7AM.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2019 at 2:43 PM, Mpmuddy said:

Is there anywhere near Bayville or Oyster Bay, that someone could recommend?

Have you tried Long Island Sound?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.