ThrowinPlugs

Ever creep yourself out in "Your" Spot?

Rate this topic

70 posts in this topic

I freaked out my friend 20 yrs ago and he still reminds me.  He was out on a distant and remote point in a back bay at 3:00 am and not expecting company.  I decided to fish that night as well, and waded back and started fishing at a comfortable distance.  I slowly worked my way towards him, and when I got within talking distance he said hello.  It was a very dark night and he didn't recognize me.  I began mumbling unintelligable words in a made-up language.  He tried again to converse, but I kept mumbling and walking towards him.  He started reeling in and wading back to shore to leave in a hurry, then my giggles gave me away.  I still smile thinking about it.    

Last October I was at my regular spot walking the beach at about 3 am. I was about a half mile from the truck when I heard a noise and looked behind me and noticed what looked like a person standing up and then laying back down about 50 ft away towards the dunes. Ended up being a black garbage bag half buried in the sand being moved around in the wind. Creepy as hell. 

On 9/9/2019 at 7:57 AM, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Only on the "March of Death" when she crosses the trail and then disappears......SH.

Uhmmm yeah, do tell? "She" ?

The Light House keeper's daughter crosses fisherman's trail in the dead of night right in front of or behind fishermen, also there's Capt. Huddy and then the 3 others found buried by the lighthouse by the Army Corp. of Engineers.......Sandy Hook Beaches at night....Oh yeah !!!!

Posted (edited) · Report post

Well that's excellent!  I read about Capt. Huddy last night, didn't see anything else though, except of course the Jersey Devil but he's in Pine Barrens, and some SH serpent which looked like fun.  I think the trail goes straight from the parking lot/bathroom area straight to the point?  It was closed off when I went last, and I had to take the scenic route straight out to the shore past the bird areas all strung off, then hard left all the way up.

Is this pass for the year to park and fish/camp or sleep in your rig overnight or partially once the gate closes?

https://www.pay.gov/public/form/preview/pdf/76460281 

I don't remember paying when I went but it was day time.

Edited by Moose
added info

On 9/11/2019 at 6:10 AM, Mr. Bigdeal said:

The Light House keeper's daughter crosses fisherman's trail in the dead of night right in front of or behind fishermen, also there's Capt. Huddy and then the 3 others found buried by the lighthouse by the Army Corp. of Engineers.......Sandy Hook Beaches at night....Oh yeah !!!!

Reminds me of the legend of Jenny Greenteeth, an old water harpy who lures people, especially children, to the water, where she drowns them. 

Came upon this post...

"Fished" MTK this past June. Drove out on a Saturday night, planned on meeting up with my 3 buddies already under the light. Started to drive on, came up on the north side, parked and got out. Absolute pea soup, couldn't see 5 feet in front. Met up with 3 of my buddies, fished for couple hours and went right back home. Got totally creeped out.

Didn't help that I had a buddy a year ago was found face down around the same area where I got out of my truck. Couldn't get it out of my head. Didn't tell the other guys, 2 of them came down from NH and didn't wanna ruin a trip. RIP Aaron

Fishing all alone last weekend, and moved slightly from where I did most of my fishing that night. On my way back I see glowing red eyes IN the water. My imagination ran wild in that split second.....I realized I had my red light on, so I switch to white light to find a giant raccoon just hanging out in the water next to a boulder that I wanted to fish near. Wouldn't leave either...had to guide it away with my rod. I hate how they just stare at you and force you to make em move. Would end up happening to me again the following night. I guess it's the raccoon's world and we're just living in it!