ThrowinPlugs

Ever creep yourself out in "Your" Spot?

Rate this topic

70 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, XBMX said:

Busy driving the boat while chasing Albies and nearly run over a “floater” (dead body). Kind of spoiled the day. 

Whoaaaa... eff that!

1 hour ago, FishermanTim said:

Let's see....fishing a local bridge late at night, no one around, no car traffic, and the only sound was a distant fog horn and breaking fish. Hairs on the neck stand up, I step away from the railing and flash my light on the bridge to see a coyote trotting away.

I've had them do that a few times. No trouble, just "that feeling" that something is behind you.

Fished the canal a few years back, week before Halloween, and with the light/moderate breeze blowing from the west I noticed a peculiar fog bank ( shaped like a "person" traveling against the breeze (towards me). Packed up and left before it reached my spot.

Back in the 80's, fishing Jamaica Pond in Boston, came across a floater while trolling (rowing).

Witnesses on the dock where I launched from said I rowed back as if I had a motor on the boat, and rowed the boat ONTO the dock. (seems an elderly man had falled and knocked himself out as he fell into the pond.)

Wow. A friend and I used to ride our bikes out to J Pond and inflate his raft, which was in our of our bike bags. We'd lock our bikes to the bench, and row out to the small island and fish and smoke until about 3a.m. LMB mostly. Once caught a crayfish the size of a lobster, every color in the rainbow. Borough it back to his Oscar tank and it was the only thing the Oscar wouldn't touch....for about three weeks. Fond memories.

Not quite the same thing, but I explored an area on my local lake that I had only seen from my kayak previously. It was just weird. I smelled something obviously dead, and it was way too quiet. I don't know just weird. 

5 hours ago, XBMX said:

Busy driving the boat while chasing Albies and nearly run over a “floater” (dead body). Kind of spoiled the day. 

Wow, not many people who can tell that story

6 hours ago, chitala383 said:

There was a thread about stuff like this a little while back. Last year maybe? Some cool stories in there.

Any idea what that was called? Sounds fun to look into...

8 mins ago, The Salty Fisherman said:

Any idea what that was called? Sounds fun to look into...

I think that's it. It's older than I thought, but I'm pretty sure that's the thread I was thinking of

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 min ago, chitala383 said:

I think that's it. It's older than I thought, but I'm pretty sure that's the thread I was thinking of

Perfect, now I can really give myself the creeps... Going to be looking over my shoulder the whole time I read these. Thanks for finding that thread, excited to read those.

Edited by The Salty Fisherman

Anytime I fished in the dark, esp popular spots you just don’t know who’s walking by you or lurking. Attempted the death march overnight one time and was freaking out the entire time. I’m more afraid of other weirdos/maniacs than I am wildlife/Mother Nature 

12 mins ago, MikedNJ said:

Anytime I fished in the dark, esp popular spots you just don’t know who’s walking by you or lurking. Attempted the death march overnight one time and was freaking out the entire time. I’m more afraid of other weirdos/maniacs than I am wildlife/Mother Nature 

What is the 'death march'? I'm a Florida boy but this sounds intriguing

6 mins ago, Badtothebugs said:

What is the 'death march'? I'm a Florida boy but this sounds intriguing

It's the walk from the last parking lot in sandy hook to the tip. It's just shy of a mile, I think, of unclear trail and overgrowth. There's some ghost stories about that area.