ThrowinPlugs

Ever creep yourself out in "Your" Spot?

Rate this topic

70 posts in this topic

We all try new places here and there, but we all definitely have our normal haunts that we know like the back of our hands. However, you ever just get a weird feeling when somethings not quite right? "That sandbar is shaped differently than I remember. The water looks more rough than usual, theres. It even a breeze" etc. Like last night I went to the same spot I always fish, I've fished a million times. I know every rock, curve, dip and way in and out. I could navigate it with my eyes closed. However last night I dont know what it was, something just seemed "off". Maybe the way the wind was blowing, the way it was pushing water over the bar I was on because I never fish wind from behind, it just felt darker than usual and had me constantly checking behind me. Then there was a weird headache inducing smell out of nowhere. Not the normal stinky low tide, but almost like rotten burnt brussel sprouts. I dunno it's weird now that I think about it, but it's weird how even sometimes when you're in you're comfort zone, you may not always be comfortable. 

I have had it where the winds would blow then stop,then blow again.

would make me look all around at times plus foxes and such would come walking by and keep going.

one time I heard something right behind me,I was LDP fishing and concentrated on what I was doing.

I looked back and there were 2 foxes laying down watching me.

I got my plug in and casted again and looked back,they were still there just hanging out.

after a while they got up and walked away,was cool to see them up close,this was about 2 am on a clear November full moon too.

HH

52 mins ago, ThrowinPlugs said:

We all try new places here and there, but we all definitely have our normal haunts that we know like the back of our hands. However, you ever just get a weird feeling when somethings not quite right? "That sandbar is shaped differently than I remember. The water looks more rough than usual, theres. It even a breeze" etc. Like last night I went to the same spot I always fish, I've fished a million times. I know every rock, curve, dip and way in and out. I could navigate it with my eyes closed. However last night I dont know what it was, something just seemed "off". Maybe the way the wind was blowing, the way it was pushing water over the bar I was on because I never fish wind from behind, it just felt darker than usual and had me constantly checking behind me. Then there was a weird headache inducing smell out of nowhere. Not the normal stinky low tide, but almost like rotten burnt brussel sprouts. I dunno it's weird now that I think about it, but it's weird how even sometimes when you're in you're comfort zone, you may not always be comfortable. 

Oh yes... back out!  I really believe we all have a primitive survival instinct. 

Never had that feeling while fishing, but I get it all the time at home.  When I am walking my dog at night and it's dark, or walking through the woods in a remote area I sometimes feel like something is watching me or I just get the chills in general.  Maybe its Bigfoot, who knows?  Curious as to what that smell was that you mentioned.  Any thoughts as to what it may have been? Could there have been someone up wind from you?  Either way, I'm a bit of a scary marry.  I would have been out of there if anything had seemed off.  Especially if I was alone.  :scared:

Happens to me during the first few days of deer hunting season, walking into the woods before sunrise and sometimes out after sunset.

(At least then I’m armed with a broadhead arrow and not an SP minnow :wee:)

In a word, no.

However, there’ve been a few times where I was out on the trail at dusk where I felt like I really needed to watch my 6 for mountain lions. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

A large bear was spotted several times in an area very close to a spot I fish a lot. Local news reports indicated and showed the bear crawling around near the woods and shoreline right next to one of my favorite spots the day before the new moon this past June. Of course I went fishing that night but looked around and in back of me with every step. Btw, the walk to the spot is about a mile long and winds through a wooded area right where the bear was seen. Very un-nerving after dark. I briefly thought about packing my Smith and Wesson in my plug bag. Lol

Edited by VanStaalSteve

8 hours ago, PlumFishing said:

Happens to me during the first few days of deer hunting season, walking into the woods before sunrise and sometimes out after sunset.

(At least then I’m armed with a broadhead arrow and not an SP minnow :wee:)

Yup. Something in us goes dormant when we don’t use it. 

Bunch of years back thought i was just getting creeped out. I was living on the back bays and fishing off the dock one night in the fall about 10 pm. Dead silent for about 30 mins. Heard this strange wooshing sound that made my hair stand on end. Looked around because i knew it wasn't the floating dock making noises, and couldn't stop looking at the surface of the water for some reason. Just felt like something was there. Turn my head back towards the channel when out of nowhere a ****ing seal comes flying out of the water and jumps on the dock next to me. Heart just about jumped out of my chest and probably the seals too because he saw me and jumped right back in. Wasn't a small one either, probably over 100 lbs. 

48 mins ago, FunkyBunker said:

Bunch of years back thought i was just getting creeped out. I was living on the back bays and fishing off the dock one night in the fall about 10 pm. Dead silent for about 30 mins. Heard this strange wooshing sound that made my hair stand on end. Looked around because i knew it wasn't the floating dock making noises, and couldn't stop looking at the surface of the water for some reason. Just felt like something was there. Turn my head back towards the channel when out of nowhere a ****ing seal comes flying out of the water and jumps on the dock next to me. Heart just about jumped out of my chest and probably the seals too because he saw me and jumped right back in. Wasn't a small one either, probably over 100 lbs. 

Would've s*** my pants, no lie. Lmao