HugeDinghy

Yes or no

Rate this topic

107 posts in this topic

Did you allow your kid to have a beer before their 21st? 

( let my freshman in college have a beer while tailgating yesterday and it caused some very low level drama)

i remember my first beer with my old man. Brew pup in walla walla Washington. Think I was 19.  

Drama from wife or other parents?

What do they think the kids are doing in the dorms when parents aren't around?

Nope.... her mother coverd that by buying liquor for her and her friends when she was 16.... then leaving the house .... that I paid for ...to them.

I drink, I smoke weed.... I never used it as a way to be cool with my kids, not a shot at you dingus.... my ex used it and I guess it still bugs me... a college age kid is a different story. 

11 mins ago, Tom T said:

Drama from wife or other parents?

What do they think the kids are doing in the dorms when parents aren't around?

Window licking SIL’s. I think part of it is that an absolute dumb fuq like me raised a better kid. 

Yea there’s def a line .. I’m not burning with or anywhere near my kid .. chit I even hid cigs from him till he got to smart .. took me till I was in my 30s to burn with my mom and was and is weird as **** ... but a kid that’s a good kid , hard working and responsible.. I see no problem enjoying a beer with them .. though I ain’t giving them more then like 2 if that .. ones good .. I see no issue .. 

1 min ago, MitchellNJ said:

Beer? LOL she mixes a nice drink. :th:

:laugh:

a big part part of it is, if she wasn’t s good kid I wouldn’t have let her have a beer. 

I think people bitch for the sake of bitching. They like it.  

My P's never really messed with me about it. They didnt like dope it is illegal. They didnt like me getting hammered.

The older neices had some wine at hoilidays.

I used to fetch beers for my dad growing up. We'd pop them open, take a sip and run over to hand it to him. I think I was around 7 or so. :shrug:

Got wasted on Champagne at the Hunt in Far Hills at 13. Everyone thought it was cute that we'd pop the corks in the air and walk around topping off glasses. What they missed was the entire bottle consumed as we would walk around serving. :beers:

There's no way I could be a hypocrite about drinking. She's more responsible than most adults I know. I have no problem leaving a handle of Tito's in the apartment.