lurejunkie00

Pork rind

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I stocked up on Uncle Josh when they were ending production.  Unfortunately some of the jars are loosing liquid.  does anyone have a suggestion for making my own replacement formula?

never used pork rinds but I see a lot of people salting squids for more durability and shelf life. Maybe try salting them? I'm not sure how pork rind will be affected by the salt

Salt solution works fine. Dissolve as much kosher salt until no more will dissolve in a pot of warm water. Let it cool and you're done

12 hours ago, punkroktownie said:

i have some big squid. Thinking of throwing a tentacle on a BT or two. Anyone?

2-3in cut strip squid will do perfectly fine. Im sure tentacle could work if floppy enough long as it has some action

I have been using the head with the tentacles attached and used them as a lure and when I got tired of casting I would dead stick the bait..It is a great bait for many species of fish.. I would also cut the tentacles into small pieces and use it as Porgy bait..   

On 9/8/2019 at 2:32 PM, chitala383 said:

Salt solution works fine. Dissolve as much kosher salt until no more will dissolve in a pot of warm water. Let it cool and you're done

this. the more salt the better. you want a saturated salt solution. :th: