BrianBM

Century rod demo at Oak Beach Inn

Rate this topic

52 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

9 hours ago, AFMike said:

I would say yes but you're not comparing apples to apples. The standard SM comes in 9',10', 11'3" and 13'. The only comparable length in the Elite is the 11'3" 1 to 6 oz.  While they share the same weight range they are not the same blank.  The Elite is markedly thinner and slightly more moderate.  Both throw a mile but the Elite does it better.

The upgrade in materials, plus graphene, plus full length textreme and antitwist truly bring the Elite from the SM to a whole new level.

I'm not really doing justice to all this. It's really hard to explain.  If you cast a SM it's going to perform better than anything on the market from other companies.  When you than cast an Elite you just step into a whole different realm. 

What do you mean by that? If both throw the same distance then please explain how better can be better for the $1000 elite

what do you mean by SM performs better than any other companies? What is it exactly I should observe when I cast it ? 

Do you have any comparison chart showing that the SM is the best in the world as you are suggesting? 

Edited by levari

4 hours ago, levari said:

What do you mean by that? If both throw the same distance then please explain how better can be better for the $1000 elite

what do you mean by SM performs better than any other companies? What is it exactly I should observe when I cast it ? 

Do you have any comparison chart showing that the SM is the best in the world as you are suggesting? 

I did not say they cast the same. There is no 9' or 10' Elite so casting 11' Elite against a 9' standard SM would not be an even competition. 

The standard SM cast amazing. They can achieve the distance of other 10 and 11' rods. Also the 8' Weapon casts like its 10'.

As easy as the SMs are to throw the Elites are even more so with greater distance achieved. I've never thrown an SP Minnow so far than as with my Surf Machine Elite 1 to 5oz cut down to 11'. On a # of occasions I was the only one catching fish because I was the only one reaching them verses other rods from very popular companies that other guys were throwing. Pretty much says it all in my book.

6 hours ago, Mr. Eel said:

Do they make the stealth with graphene now? And has it changed the action of the rod at all?

The Stealths have been redesigned.  No graphene as of yet. The heavy sleeve has been removed from the butt of the Stealth and instead the entire but is run with the Textreme finish.  This makes it much lighter but the textreme brings a whole level of durability and power.

41 mins ago, AFMike said:

The Stealths have been redesigned.  No graphene as of yet. The heavy sleeve has been removed from the butt of the Stealth and instead the entire but is run with the Textreme finish.  This makes it much lighter but the textreme brings a whole level of durability and power.

Thanks AFMike

On 9/12/2019 at 6:12 PM, AFMike said:

I did not say they cast the same. There is no 9' or 10' Elite so casting 11' Elite against a 9' standard SM would not be an even competition. 

The standard SM cast amazing. They can achieve the distance of other 10 and 11' rods. Also the 8' Weapon casts like its 10'.

As easy as the SMs are to throw the Elites are even more so with greater distance achieved. I've never thrown an SP Minnow so far than as with my Surf Machine Elite 1 to 5oz cut down to 11'. On a # of occasions I was the only one catching fish because I was the only one reaching them verses other rods from very popular companies that other guys were throwing. Pretty much says it all in my book.

I would not rule out that you were a better caster than the other guys..