BrianBM

Century rod demo at Oak Beach Inn

Rate this topic

52 posts in this topic

On 9/9/2019 at 10:04 PM, yogiiiboy said:

Also, last time I checked, models that incorporated the graphene seemed to have had a significant price increase as opposed to their brethren without it......

Thanks for your info Pop..... much appreciated  :th:

graphene didnt change prices , we still have same prices for the models it was added to, maybe a "new model" but the blank prices really didnt change. for us..

3 hours ago, paul708 said:

graphene didnt change prices , we still have same prices for the models it was added to, maybe a "new model" but the blank prices really didnt change. for us..

Thanks Paul..........what do the "new models" have that make some of these prices reach the 800 - 1,000 range? 

On 9/9/2019 at 10:04 PM, yogiiiboy said:

Thanks Pop..... yeah, I’ve talked to AFMike.....I just don’t want to waste his time until I’m ready to buy that rod.  I kind of feel the same way you do about it and I’ve never even touched it.  The many many reviews I’ve read all say the same thing..... and I need a rod like this more times than not to clear the bar down here in south jersey where sand beaches rule the landscape.

Also, last time I checked, models that incorporated the graphene seemed to have had a significant price increase as opposed to their brethren without it......

Thanks for your info Pop..... much appreciated  :th:

The addition of graphene adds a minimal upcharge, roughly about $20. 

The Sling Shots,  Ron Arras, Weapons,  Surf Machine Elites, inshore supreme(ISS AND IS1), vertical jig and most of the ultimate boat blanks all have graphene. The standard Surf Machine and Stealths do not.  The biggest thing that adds cost is the processing of the blank such as autoclaving, textreme the full length of the blank and antitwist technology.  

That being said, the standard Surf Machines are still amazing. The standard Surf Machines are very competitive price wise with St Croix,  Lamis highland rods.

The Elites are very expensive but if you throw and fish one you will see why. It's very hard to explain without actually casting and fishing one. 

3 hours ago, yogiiiboy said:

Thanks Paul..........what do the "new models" have that make some of these prices reach the 800 - 1,000 range? 

3 hours ago, yogiiiboy said:

Don’t really know, textreme has been added to some, maybe expensive guides....

i havent really tested old and new models blanks together to see if there is a distance difference...

5 hours ago, AFMike said:

The Elites are very expensive but if you throw and fish one you will see why.

It's very hard to explain without actually casting and fishing one. 

This

The addition of graphene adds a minimal upcharge, roughly about $20. 

The Sling Shots,  Ron Arras, Weapons,  Surf Machine Elites, inshore supreme(ISS AND IS1), vertical jig and most of the ultimate boat blanks all have graphene. The standard Surf Machine and Stealths do not.  The biggest thing that adds cost is the processing of the blank such as autoclaving, textreme the full length of the blank and antitwist technology.  

That being said, the standard Surf Machines are still amazing. The standard Surf Machines are very competitive price wise with St Croix,  Lamis highland rods.

The Elites are very expensive but if you throw and fish one you will see why. It's very hard to explain without actually casting and fishing one. 

Thanks so much Mike for the very detailed and informative information.  Speaking about the Surf Machine though, what are the differences between the Standard and Elite.....and specifically, how does it affect the casting capabilities between the two, if any at all .....

as usual Mike, thanks for your replies and information.

7 hours ago, yogiiiboy said:

The Elites come built with Titanium Torzite guides. That's $230 right there.  Then you add in blank price and labor...hence the price tag. 

1 hour ago, yogiiiboy said:

Thanks so much Mike for the very detailed and informative information.  Speaking about the Surf Machine though, what are the differences between the Standard and Elite.....and specifically, how does it affect the casting capabilities between the two, if any at all .....

as usual Mike, thanks for your replies and information.

The Elites are run with graphene,  full length textreme finish and antitwist technology.  All these things add performance and cost. The Elites are a thinner diameter. 

The standard SM cast a ton and have tons of power.  

Basically imagine if you had a top of the line Ferrari or Lamborghini,  that's your standard SM.  Now take those cars and put them on steroids,  that's your Elite. 

3 mins ago, AFMike said:

The Elites are run with graphene,  full length textreme finish and antitwist technology.  All these things add performance and cost. The Elites are a thinner diameter. 

The standard SM cast a ton and have tons of power.  

Basically imagine if you had a top of the line Ferrari or Lamborghini,  that's your standard SM.  Now take those cars and put them on steroids,  that's your Elite. 

Gotcha !

Would you say the Elites cast any better than the Standards because of those “steroids”?

4 hours ago, yogiiiboy said:

Gotcha !

Would you say the Elites cast any better than the Standards because of those “steroids”?

I would say yes but you're not comparing apples to apples. The standard SM comes in 9',10', 11'3" and 13'. The only comparable length in the Elite is the 11'3" 1 to 6 oz.  While they share the same weight range they are not the same blank.  The Elite is markedly thinner and slightly more moderate.  Both throw a mile but the Elite does it better.

The upgrade in materials, plus graphene, plus full length textreme and antitwist truly bring the Elite from the SM to a whole new level.

I'm not really doing justice to all this. It's really hard to explain.  If you cast a SM it's going to perform better than anything on the market from other companies.  When you than cast an Elite you just step into a whole different realm. 

I would say yes but you're not comparing apples to apples. The standard SM comes in 9',10', 11'3" and 13'. The only comparable length in the Elite is the 11'3" 1 to 6 oz.  While they share the same weight range they are not the same blank.  The Elite is markedly thinner and slightly more moderate.  Both throw a mile but the Elite does it better.

The upgrade in materials, plus graphene, plus full length textreme and antitwist truly bring the Elite from the SM to a whole new level.

I'm not really doing justice to all this. It's really hard to explain.  If you cast a SM it's going to perform better than anything on the market from other companies.  When you than cast an Elite you just step into a whole different realm. 

Wow ..... this sounds amazing....... one more question then, does the Elite come in 9 & 10 foot lengths ?

5 mins ago, yogiiiboy said:

Wow ..... this sounds amazing....... one more question then, does the Elite come in 9 & 10 foot lengths ?

No, the Elites are all 11 and 12' with 1 13'

10 mins ago, AFMike said:

No, the Elites are all 11 and 12' with 1 13'

I see ...... that helps an individual like myself who wants to look at a 9’ plugging stick.

Mike, as usual, you’ve been a great help...... hope to see you soon :th:

9 mins ago, yogiiiboy said:

I see ...... that helps an individual like myself who wants to look at a 9’ plugging stick.

Mike, as usual, you’ve been a great help...... hope to see you soon :th:

Any time you want to test cast just let me know