SurffisherMike

Kennedy Fisher / Fuji Titanium rebuild

Rate this topic

54 posts in this topic

Finishing up the first of 2 9' Kennedy Fisher rebuilds for a friend. Using the Fuji Black Titanium Sic guides. The black titanium is very cool and very sexy with the new thinner sic ring these guides and very very light. Used the T2KWSG30, T2KLSG20 and 12, then T2KTSG8's as running guides. The light weight guides and 1 double foot and the rest single foot layout make the a very light and responsive tip. The difference between the way the rod felt and reacted during and after a cast with the older guides and layout design is night and day. The diamond wrap is on the split rear grip. Pics aren't great but you get the idea.

20190907_104031.jpg

20190907_103957.jpg

20190907_100314.jpg

Thanks Mack.

Drew I am doing 2 one is lighter than the other. I believe this lighter one was like a 7.5 or 8 tip the other is like a 9. I like the lighter one better but hyetnt finished the other one yet. Have you checked out the T2 guides , black titanium? Very cool guides

I have both of them along with the 8708. The 6908, didn't like that one @9'. 6" off the tip turned it into a nice little stick. The 8308, best rod ever for me. I might redo mine this winter. I originally used the 8708 as a heavy jetty stick, later turned it into a light chunking conventional.

Mike, Thanks for rebuilding the rod and as always you did a great job !!

As you know I christen the rod over the past three days catching a bunch of schoolies.

Mark C. .

Nice rebuild Mike.  Im liking that layout. I did a 10L lami with that layout. Even with ss frames its tip light and balances great. Throws great with a 200 &150. 

I redid a few KF 9 -8308 & 10' both powers awhile back. All i can say from the old setup to the new layout was noticable even in the customers hands immediately. 

It is a great layout been doing it for years. The double foot stripper guide is good cause it the most vulnerable to fisherman's mistakes and the lighter weight tip is the whole idea behind the new guide layouts. Really helps if you like a parabolic rod or the older glass rods. Makes them feel like a whole new rod.