Goldy

Constant iphone popups starting this week

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Is it me but starting this week i started to get slammed with popups and that would redirect me and tell me my iphone has a virus.  

I simply close out and reopen but this is new for sure. 

Anyone else getting this?

I’ll let the network ad folks know - I use an iPhone on the site every day and have not seen a pop up on months.

TimS

Open browser settings,  site settings, all sites. Clear and reset any web site listed with an amproject cdn. The bastards use those to get into your phone browser.

3 mins ago, Mike said:

Open browser settings,  site settings, all sites. Clear and reset any web site listed with an amproject cdn. The bastards use those to get into your phone browser.

Amproject cdn?????

Another easy way to defeat them is once they pop up, open your browser history. There will be 2 or 3 entries at the top that are the pop up. That's why you can't use go back to get out. Your actually going back to another pop up entry in your history. Anyway, delete all of those the click the history link to the page you were viewing. 

If they keep coming then do what I said above or just clear all cookies and cache.

I've been in contact with the network ad folks, they are aware and working on it.

Folks with Android phones, please follow Mike's advice here - with Android phones once you see a popup, even after we catch it and remove it from ever showing again - your phone will still keep showing it :squid: I don't use android but I've looked into the problem many times - like Mike says, you have to clear your history. If that doesn't do it, clear your history and browser cache/temp files.  We can stop the bad networks from sneaking in a popup but we can't stop your android device from continuing to show them long after they've been removed here :o

On 9/7/2019 at 0:07 AM, Mike said:

23 mins ago, Mike said:

Another easy way to defeat them is once they pop up, open your browser history. There will be 2 or 3 entries at the top that are the pop up. That's why you can't use go back to get out. Your actually going back to another pop up entry in your history. Anyway, delete all of those the click the history link to the page you were viewing. 

If they keep coming then do what I said above or just clear all cookies and cache.

6 hours ago, TimS said:

I've been in contact with the network ad folks, they are aware and working on it.

Folks with Android phones, please follow Mike's advice here - with Android phones once you see a popup, even after we catch it and remove it from ever showing again - your phone will still keep showing it :squid: I don't use android but I've looked into the problem many times - like Mike says, you have to clear your history. If that doesn't do it, clear your history and browser cache/temp files.  We can stop the bad networks from sneaking in a popup but we can't stop your android device from continuing to show them long after they've been removed here :o

Tim.  Since the post I have not had any “your phone is infected and being redirected messages”.  Let’s hope it was caught.