FF 2020

Rate this topic

Ben Lippen

10 hours ago, DerrickT said:

It's not the 7th, the hall was booked for February 29th because of the Berkeley flea market on March 1st. We did the same thing the last time March 1st was on a sunday.  Think that was a leap year also.

Oops. I forgot about leap year.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/14/2019 at 8:03 PM, DerrickT said:

It's not the 7th, the hall was booked for February 29th because of the Berkeley flea market on March 1st. We did the same thing the last time March 1st was on a sunday.  Think that was a leap year also.

That was the year we got a blizzard the Sunday night - Monday after.  I ended up staying until Tuesday instead of leaving Monday. I remember helping Sportyguy :angel: clean the snow off his rental car at IBML.

"You know the Bill of Rights is serving its purpose when it protects things you wish it didn't."

"You can no longer be oppressed if you are not afraid anymore - Unknown"

SOL Member #174

17 hours ago, Steve in Mass said:

That was the year we got a blizzard the Sunday night - Monday after.  I ended up staying until Tuesday instead of leaving Monday. I remember helping Sportyguy :angel: clean the snow off his rental car at IBML.

High preponderance of inclement weather when you're in town, what's up with that?   :wave:

"Endeavor to persevere" Lone Watie

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2019 at 3:57 PM, Steve in Mass said:

Yea I remember that.  That was the year there was a scheduling conflict with the hall the following weekend no?

When I went back and looked I think there were 2 or 3 others that landed on the last saturday as February  too but dont remember why.

The February/snowstorm fling was 2009, a year AFTER the leap year. I have it written in my weather/garden/fishing calendar.

Edited by Steve in Mass

"You know the Bill of Rights is serving its purpose when it protects things you wish it didn't."

"You can no longer be oppressed if you are not afraid anymore - Unknown"

SOL Member #174

22 hours ago, MakoMike said:

So answer the question, when is it in 2020? :banghd:

Saturday Feb. 29th because of the Leap Year. Usually the first Saturday in March.

7 hours ago, Steve in Mass said:

I was asked today if someone were to send a donation check to the Fling, who should it be made out to?

Make it out to Tim. He handles all the money after the fling.