zybathegeek

The UN should pull its head in

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

By all means bring in the UNHCR - they can run the refugee camps in Mexico, the US can fund the camps, just deduct the funds from US contributions to the UN.

saraacarter.com

Scandal: Head of UN Communications Incites Illegal Entry Into U.S. says 'It's Never a Crime"

Jennie Taer -
2 minutes

Melissa-Fleming-UN-696x398.jpg

“It is never a crime to seek asylum in another country even if one enters a country irregularly,” said Melissa Flemming, the Head of United Nations Communications.

Fleming continued to say in her Facebook post that “the right to seek asylum is enshrined in Article 14 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights & was made binding by the 1951 Refugee Convention.”

Fleming is an American, who last August was appointed by United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres as the Under-Secretary-General for Global Communications.

Since 2009, Fleming has been Head of Global Communications and Spokesperson in the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in Geneva. The same organization that Rep. Ilhan Omar invited last week to take over the management of United States’ southern border.

“So we have to bring in the United Nations High Commissioner on Refugees (UNHCR) – an agency that has the expertise and the training to handle massive flows of refugees humanely,” said Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) to a Minneapolis audience this week referring to the situation in our southern border.

"Irregularly", that's a new one. So now undocumented immigrants are now irregularly crossing the boarder to seek asylum in sanctuary cities.  Think I covered all the PC jargon. 

"Article 14.

(1) Everyone has the right to seek and to enjoy in other countries asylum from persecution.
(2) This right may not be invoked in the case of prosecutions genuinely arising from non-political crimes or from acts contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations."

Ratified 1948, United States voted in favor of the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights.   

One could argue asylum is a God given right, if one believed in imaginary beings

4 hours ago, ne_dan said:

"Irregularly", that's a new one. So now undocumented immigrants are now irregularly crossing the boarder to seek asylum in sanctuary cities.  Think I covered all the PC jargon. 

I wonder what he would say if I irregularly entered his house, took his eggs out of the fridge, a dab of milk, slab of bacon, maybe a steak, some papas and scrambled me up some huevos rancheros? I bet the sumbaginny don't even have any tor tillas.

Would that be cool with him?

5 mins ago, dena said:

I wonder what he would say if I irregularly entered his house, took his eggs out of the fridge, a dab of milk, slab of bacon, maybe a steak, some papas and scrambled me up some huevos rancheros? I bet the sumbaginny don't even have any tor tillas.

Would that be cool with him?

I wonder what "she" would say?  Melissa Flemming may just shoot you as you made entry.   Apples v oranges argument wouldn't help in your defense.  

Edited by KnewBee

1 min ago, KnewBee said:

I wonder what "she" would say?  Melissa Flemming may just shoot you as you made entry.   Apples v oranges argument wouldn't help in your defense.  

She, he, who can tell these days.

And the same should be done to the illegal invaders.

They want asylum, there are procedures for that, and they do not include illegal crossings.

43 mins ago, KnewBee said:

"Article 14.

(1) Everyone has the right to seek and to enjoy in other countries asylum from persecution.
(2) This right may not be invoked in the case of prosecutions genuinely arising from non-political crimes or from acts contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations."

Ratified 1948, United States voted in favor of the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights.   

One could argue asylum is a God given right, if one believed in imaginary beings

"asylum from persecution"  not right to ask for asylum from poverty.