Alferd Packer

Cabo San Lucas - Los Cabos in Early October

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Finally have some free time and thinking of a quick trip to Cabo in Early October. Will I still be in the window for getting fish from shore?

Enquiring minds want to know!

AP/JC

Don’t know about surf fishing down that way.  But I will be in San Jose del cabo with the family about the same time frame.  Mostly beer/tacos and pool time with the kiddies.  

I believe the spring is the best time to surf fish Cabo. I'm sure still will be able to pick up a few fish throwing shinny SP minnows, topwater poppers, and spoons. Check out Benjie Kim and Stephen Jansen on youtube. 

I did a trip in November a few years ago. From shore we caught small roosters, jacks, pacific needlefish, look downs, and Sierra mackerel. We did a couple inshore charters that were about $200/day and caught the previously mentioned species as well as bonito, dorado, and bluefin trevally. Then we did a marlin trip ($350 I think) that raised 6 striped marlin and landed 3. On the way in we saw someone hooked up to a marlin 100 yards from shore. I strongly encourage you to charter fish at least one day. 

The best surf casting was in San Jose Del Cabo, the town near the airport. There's an inlet there. 

1 hour ago, CrappieAttitude said:

Touch base with Wesley Brought - Cabosurfcaster.  He does surf fishing charters and will take you to areas with the best chance of catching.

I reached out to Wesley a couple days ago. Waiting to hear back.

Guys. Thanks for the information. Anyone else? I know there a few guys that go down fairly often.

Haven’t heard from Wesley yet. If I do, I’ll let you know what he says.

On 9/5/2019 at 7:18 PM, Alferd Packer said:

Finally have some free time and thinking of a quick trip to Cabo in Early October. Will I still be in the window for getting fish from shore?

Enquiring minds want to know!

AP/JC

There is always fish to be caught year round in Cabo from the shore.