luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - September 2019

Rate this topic

93 posts in this topic

AI- Saturday to Sunday. Fished with Dad and Uncle. Nothing to mention except Pops was a spot catching machine. No bites on those. Steve got one Saturday night. We left at noon Sunday to beat BB traffic. Didn't happen.Ride back home listened to the Deadskins on XM. 

Which reminds me..lol. Erik, Don's bronco issue was the fuel pump. Be back in 2 weeks.

steve 1.jpg

Edited by 7nBait

ORV closed.  Got cooler full of fresh, 2 days drive.  Is what it is.  Ranger said they will reassess tomorrow mornings high before decision.  Hoping they change mind and ride it tonight

Edited by Critter Gitter

19 mins ago, Critter Gitter said:

ORV closed.  Got cooler full of fresh, 2 days drive.  Is what it is.  Ranger said they we assess tomorrow mornings high before decision.  Hoping they change mind and ride it tonight

Damn that sucks Dave! Must be that skinny spot near the entrance. 

On 9/28/2019 at 10:36 PM, Steve Coleman said:

Edited by Esoxhunter

28 mins ago, Critter Gitter said:

ORV closed.  Got cooler full of fresh, 2 days drive.  Is what it is.  Ranger said they will reassess tomorrow mornings high before decision.  Hoping they change mind and ride it tonight

Damn, I was coming down tomorrow til Thursday. Hope it opens.

24 mins ago, Critter Gitter said:

Just had a novel idea.   A back road.

That makes too much sense. Never happen.

Kill some time. Go rent a bike from Allen. 

Edited by 7nBait

Hey Dave :howdy:, that flat out sucks.  New moon was the 28th, tides should be backing off a bit now. I don't think they ride the beach at night, expecially with high tide at 9ish, but I could be wrong,  I would expect it to open up in the am.  But what do I know.  Back road is still there, just need to doze it out a bit.  The guys on gold rush could do all 16 miles in an hour or three.  I'm looking at Thursday night.... but it's hard to plan with such fickle  beach management :beatin:.  You'd have liked where i was fishin.  You just need to get through all the toothies.... If it's open I hope I'll see ya! 

Edited by Steve Coleman

Nice drum! I didn't have such luck. Fished Saturday only but the sharks were out in force. Wife was catching spot and I was using them for bait.  Most bit through 50lb test line like it was butter. But I did manage to catch a couple. A few 2-3lb blues were around also. At least the weather was really nice. 

shark.jpg

bite off.jpg

Last night was rough, northeast at 20mph had the tide push way in. I left at 3 am and seen it had washed over in quite a few spots. Managed to catch a few 47" 44" and a 42" over the last few nights. I also had the privilege of finding a nice buried chunk of metal with my foot, sliced my big toe wide open and deep.

IMG_20190930_093209_083.jpg

20190928_073035.jpg

20190927_045817.jpg

20190926_213517.jpg