luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - September 2019

Rate this topic

46 posts in this topic

As always, this is the place for your reports... as little or as much detail as you care to share, with hopefully a good bit less focus posted on exact spots, times, and locations. Any and all word from the local waters welcome here, and "no fish" reports are welcome as well; always good to have gotten out there at least, wasn't it? 

;)

September finally...

Got out on a buddy's boat yesterday looking for the man in a brownsuit.  Conditions were real rough when we first left the inlet.  The combo of chop and cloud cover made finding the bait pretty difficult.  Found a couple small pods of bunker that had 2-4lb blues under them chopping up our rubber.  Did get followed by 1 brownsuit up to the boat.

I did get to see a manta ray completely air out nearly 10' and then saw another large long (4') slender silver fish air out, thinking that was a sturgeon. 

14 hours ago, kurazy kracka said:

Got out on a buddy's boat yesterday looking for the man in a brownsuit.  Conditions were real rough when we first left the inlet.  The combo of chop and cloud cover made finding the bait pretty difficult.  Found a couple small pods of bunker that had 2-4lb blues under them chopping up our rubber.  Did get followed by 1 brownsuit up to the boat.

I did get to see a manta ray completely air out nearly 10' and then saw another large long (4') slender silver fish air out, thinking that was a sturgeon. 

There have been a few caught the last 2 weeks tailing rays 

I know this is not a fishing report or is it, got a call from a friend about a boat he was getting rid of want to know if I wanted anything off of it before he scraped it. So long story short I have 3000+ lbs of lead if anyone needs a chunk. It was the keel off of a 40ft sailboat.