ksong

prototype 10'6" Black Hole Striped Bass Special moderate rods are coming.

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

We are developing 9'6" and 10'6" Striped Bass Special moderate rods.

I rarely fished from the surf and I have to listen to regular surf fishermen.

They say moderate surf rods are popular among NJ/Long Island fishermen.

We have only one moderate surf rods called Black Hole Nano surf rods.

So I decide to develop 9'6" and 10'6" Striped Bass Special moderate surf rods as the Striped Bass Special rods are potential big hit rods for the quality and reasonable prices.

13 hours ago, carangua said:

The rods Ksong is promoting are good, I've recommended them to friends that went to Africa and they caught tarpon an shark from shore and are happy with the product, why are you referring to it as "garbage"? 

You misinterpreted what I said...and I think Kilsong read what you wrote and went with that as well.  I specifically said..his would NOT be gargabe like the 13 fishig product.    I've recommended his gear to friends as well.  As well as even fixed/ edited a vid or tow of his and posted them on my channel which earns him 100x the exposure it does on every message board he posts on combined....for free.  I've even pushed a couple dealers to pick up certain sku's of his

9 hours ago, levari said:

He was referring to TX spinning reel. 

9 hours ago, ksong said:

I am nor an internet fisherman. I fish almost every day to test the rods.

I try hard not to make garbage rods while visiting Korea 3 - 4 times a year.

I try hard to test rods to introduce quality rods with reasonable prices.

Just gonna put this out there.  You're product is not garbage.....You and Carangua misinterpreted what I wrote.  

And you can't claim you're not an internet fishermen.  You define the term.  You fish, film, and post ONLY to promote your brand on numerous message boards and social media platforms.  ANd you do so more than anyone on this entire website :)

4 hours ago, HKJonathan said:

I think you misunderstood Scooby’s post.  He said your rods would NOT be garbage.  Btw, I’m very curious about these more moderate rods.  I already own the 10’ 3/4 - 4 Striped Bass Special and it is my favorite rod.  Perhaps a 9’ moderate version is in my future.

Thanks scoobydoo.

When I opened Jig N Pop shop as a retirement plan, I promised to introduce good products to other anglers by testing myself.. I don't promote any product if it is not good. 

Well, as an objective third party, whose bought a rod from you directly, as well as having bought several reels based on the recommendations of Scooby, I agree with you both. Scooby was referring to the 13Fishing reel as "hot garbage", not your rods. You fish almost every day and you spend the bulk of your time on the forum advertising your products...which I look forward to testing this fall in MoCo NJ...when is the test session? 

Sept is not good time for demo as I have fishing schedule almost everyday in Sept. We might do demo in NJ in Oct or Nov if there are enough interest.

@ksong - am I the only one that still complains about the foam on the striper special.  I wish you would switch to paco grip.  i'm getting my grip re-done b/c I'm not a fan of that foam.  Just feels unnatural to me

5 hours ago, RockRonin said:

Well, as an objective third party, whose bought a rod from you directly, as well as having bought several reels based on the recommendations of Scooby, I agree with you both. Scooby was referring to the 13Fishing reel as "hot garbage", not your rods. You fish almost every day and you spend the bulk of your time on the forum advertising your products...which I look forward to testing this fall in MoCo NJ...when is the test session? 

we are trying to plan a October, Rod Demo Day,, Monmouth county, or P.P.,,, tackle shop..

4 hours ago, Goldy said:

@ksong - am I the only one that still complains about the foam on the striper special.  I wish you would switch to paco grip.  i'm getting my grip re-done b/c I'm not a fan of that foam.  Just feels unnatural to me

I don't mind the foam grip.

If I did a custom SS, I would have the cord under the grip type of grips - not sure what they are called. 

6 hours ago, Goldy said:

I own several Blackhole rods with foam grip and quite like the grip. I actually prefer it to the paco grip. I have some rods with paco grips and which have thin diameter blanks which makes for an uncomfortable grip. 

The 10'6" Black Hole Striped Bass Special rods arrived today.

I am leaving for Alaska for coho tomorrow. I will leave one 10'6" Black Hole Striped Bass Special moderate 1 oz - 6 oz to Lureman ( Butch Nappi). If anyone wants to check the rod in NJ, contact him. 

The rods have nice bend.

1 hour ago, ksong said:

I am leaving for Alaska for coho tomorrow. I will leave one 10'6" Black Hole Striped Bass Special moderate 1 oz - 6 oz to Lureman ( Butch Nappi). If anyone wants to check the rod in NJ, contact him. 

The rods have nice bend.

What will be price on these?

2 hours ago, ksong said:

The rods have nice bend.

What will you be testing in this trip?