ksong

prototype 10'6" Black Hole Striped Bass Special moderate rods are coming.

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I saw the prototype 10'6" Black Hole Striped Bass Special moderate surf rods when I visited NS Black Hole yesterday. It looks nice. They say the rods passed 15 kg (33 lb) machine test.

They shipped the rods to us by air today.

The rods are for anglers who enjoy moderate action.

The prototype 9'6" Black Hole Striped Bass Special moderate rods will be here soon.

I don't think it takes lots of time to test them as we tested other Black Hole Striped Bass Special rods heavily.

I hope we can get them by January 2020.

Edited by ksong

3 hours ago, ksong said:

I saw the prototype 10'6" Black Hole Striped Bass Special moderate surf rods when I visited NS Black Hole yesterday. It looks nice. They say the rods passed 15 kg (33 lb) machine test.

They shipped the rods to us by air today.

The rods are for anglers who enjoy moderate action.

The prototype 9'6" Black Hole Striped Bass Special moderate rods will be here soon.

I don't think it takes lots of time to test them as we tested other Black Hole Striped Bass Special rods heavily.

I hope we can get them by January 2020.

Any tackle shops in New Jersey that carry black hole rods? Any demo days coming up in nj?

I feel like every other day there is a prototype black hole surf rod thread.  It's  to the point I have no idea what's what.   It's to the point you should just name a rod series Prototype S or something.   lol

Like the 13 fishing did with their Prototype TX spinning reels.....only yours wouldn't be overpriced hot garbage?

5 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

I feel like every other day there is a prototype black hole surf rod thread.  It's  to the point I have no idea what's what.   It's to the point you should just name a rod series Prototype S or something.   lol

Like the 13 fishing did with their Prototype TX spinning reels.....only yours wouldn't be overpriced hot garbage?

I am testing rods for next year project. So all rods I am testing are prototype.

14 hours ago, hystyk1921 said:

Any tackle shops in New Jersey that carry black hole rods? Any demo days coming up in nj?

hi buddy, yes we are planning a Fall rod demo, tackle shops, try Grumpy's in Seaside Pk., or Fisherman Supply, in Point Pleasant....

Posted (edited) · Report post

8 hours ago, ksong said:

I am testing rods for next year project. So all rods I am testing are prototype.

Cool stuff..

Edited by levari

47 mins ago, levari said:

Cool stuff..

hi buddy, we are going to try, to have a rod demo, in October,i hope you can attend, try casting the new prototypes, 12ft. rod, and 10' 6" mod. action, ....

1 min ago, lureman said:

hi buddy, we are going to try, to have a rod demo, in October,i hope you can attend, try casting the new prototypes, 12ft. rod, and 10' 6" mod. action, ....

Thanks, I moved out of NJ.

16 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

The rods Ksong is promoting are good, I've recommended them to friends that went to Africa and they caught tarpon an shark from shore and are happy with the product, why are you referring to it as "garbage"? 

3 hours ago, carangua said:

The rods Ksong is promoting are good, I've recommended them to friends that went to Africa and they caught tarpon an shark from shore and are happy with the product, why are you referring to it as "garbage"? 

He was referring to TX spinning reel. 

I am nor an internet fisherman. I fish almost every day to test the rods.

I try hard not to make garbage rods while visiting Korea 3 - 4 times a year.

I try hard to test rods to introduce quality rods with reasonable prices.

4 hours ago, ksong said:

I am nor an internet fisherman. I fish almost every day to test the rods.

I try hard not to make garbage rods while visiting Korea 3 - 4 times a year.

I try hard to test rods to introduce quality rods with reasonable prices.

I think you misunderstood Scooby’s post.  He said your rods would NOT be garbage.  Btw, I’m very curious about these more moderate rods.  I already own the 10’ 3/4 - 4 Striped Bass Special and it is my favorite rod.  Perhaps a 9’ moderate version is in my future.