Thumb-Burner

Need 5-6” paddle tail recommendation

Rate this topic

60 posts in this topic

They are hollow body.  Maybe after 3-4 bass they fall apart.  But blues destroy them instantly.  I bought a bunch of these on the bay.  I crazy glue the tip to the jig so it stays on better.  The action on these are great.

1 min ago, Evil-Bay said:

They are hollow body.  Maybe after 3-4 bass they fall apart.  But blues destroy them instantly.  I bought a bunch of these on the bay.  I crazy glue the tip to the jig so it stays on better.  The action on these are great.

Ahh... lame. Too many blues in my area to warrant that. Thanks for the info!

13 mins ago, Evil-Bay said:

No soft plastic can survive blues.

z-man paddle z. I have one that survived through few weekend of blues. Full of tear and holes when stretched out, but still works. 

On 9/3/2019 at 8:25 PM, GoneCoastal said:

I fish alot of shad bodies and prefer riptide mullets. Cocahoe minnows work great too. Another is the tsunami tidal mullet. 

IMG_20190714_191818999.jpg

2nd on the riptide

On 9/3/2019 at 7:33 PM, ThrowinPlugs said:

Ill say an honest 80% of my fishing is with rubber shads. They always produced, and Alberto shared some REALLY helpful info at last years Fisherman Expo about using them which changed my views significantly on how to fish them around structure.

Such a simple design, and so effective. My top 3 producers this and last season:

-Dark Matter "Fishaholic" finbacks (super durable, ive used the same shad body for 10+ fish with no discernable wear, harder rubber, tails move super fast and they offer great feedback on the rod tip, but a little pricey at $7.99 for 4 and they're only available at J&H)

-AA 5in Bad Bubba White (My first foray into shad bodies, still buy them here and there. They are a little soft and heavy for a rubber body IMHO, but theyre very stretchy and pretty cheap. Plus they're biodegradable)

-Keitech FAT impact (great action, pretty affordable, squid scent works well, great fluke bait, however the tails are VERY THIN and are easily destroyed by snappers.)

Hope this helps!

20190902_180827.jpg

IMG_2317.JPG

IMG_2318.JPG

20190602_054801.jpg

Hey pal. Any chance you could elaborate at all on what Alberto spoke about with the shads? Alberto IS the Micky Mantle of surfcasting and i find the guy to be an absolute genious. Thanks in advance for your time. 

On 9/3/2019 at 8:25 PM, GoneCoastal said:

I fish alot of shad bodies and prefer riptide mullets. Cocahoe minnows work great too. Another is the tsunami tidal mullet. 

IMG_20190714_191818999.jpg

Hey can you tell me what jighead that is? I like the placement of the eye on the jighead for casting purposes. 

1 hour ago, jsbergen said:

Hey can you tell me what jighead that is? I like the placement of the eye on the jighead for casting purposes. 

Looks like a Tinman short shank.

1 hour ago, jsbergen said:

Hey pal. Any chance you could elaborate at all on what Alberto spoke about with the shads? Alberto IS the Micky Mantle of surfcasting and i find the guy to be an absolute genious. Thanks in advance for your time. 

The very, very short version: just when you think you're going slow enough, slow it down. Also, monitor the bottom.