Thumb-Burner

Need 5-6” paddle tail recommendation

Rate this topic

60 posts in this topic

5” Zman DieZel MinnowZ... But only if the heads have a sharp keeper, otherwise they will slide down the hook.

On the right heads/hooks, they will hands down outlast any other softie out there!

4 hours ago, TinyTrout said:

I'm a fan of Kettle Creek Swing Shads for a 5" size and Zoom Z-Swims for a 4" size. 

Tiny trout you make me want to fish for brook trout:):)

Posted (edited) · Report post

Ill say an honest 80% of my fishing is with rubber shads. They always produced, and Alberto shared some REALLY helpful info at last years Fisherman Expo about using them which changed my views significantly on how to fish them around structure.

Such a simple design, and so effective. My top 3 producers this and last season:

-Dark Matter "Fishaholic" finbacks (super durable, ive used the same shad body for 10+ fish with no discernable wear, harder rubber, tails move super fast and they offer great feedback on the rod tip, but a little pricey at $7.99 for 4 and they're only available at J&H)

-AA 5in Bad Bubba White (My first foray into shad bodies, still buy them here and there. They are a little soft and heavy for a rubber body IMHO, but theyre very stretchy and pretty cheap. Plus they're biodegradable)

-Keitech FAT impact (great action, pretty affordable, squid scent works well, great fluke bait, however the tails are VERY THIN and are easily destroyed by snappers.)

Hope this helps!

20190902_180827.jpg

IMG_2317.JPG

IMG_2318.JPG

20190602_054801.jpg

Edited by ThrowinPlugs

Thanks to everyone for exactly what i was looking for....

It’s so awesome to have a forum where you can get answers from people who actually fish in the water (not just on their computer).  

Thanks @TimS for creating and maintaining such a valuable resource for us.

16 hours ago, Inshore said:

5” Zman DieZel MinnowZ... But only if the heads have a sharp keeper, otherwise they will slide down the hook.

On the right heads/hooks, they will hands down outlast any other softie out there!

What he said. 

18 hours ago, Inshore said:

Super glue gel fixes that issue

55 mins ago, hookmeup said:

Super glue gel fixes that issue

True that! But who wants to carry more stuff.... I don’t, but SG works!