PCstriper

Fall Run

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

Ha! ...batteries for my headlamp is #1 on my list!

Shame on me for not having backup batteries stashed in my pocket or bag, my light went out 2 weeks ago walking the beach to the jetty during a new moon around 4am.

My night vision eyesight is not the best, so I took about 10 steps and said screw it..just sat on my but for an hour until start of sun up.

Cell phone you ask?  sitting comfortably in my car charging.

Yep ...I'm no boyscout

20 hours ago, FishinDVM said:

^^^This^^^  Ever since early June my wife keeps asking "why are you staying home with the kids?, why arent you fishing?, this is the longest I've seen you without a rod, what is wrong?" I tell her, just remember all these days when I didnt go, because come fall, I'll be on the beach by myself at 1 am every other night.   ; ) 

taking notes!

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, GarbageFish said:

anyone fish that storm last night... yee haw mixed bag **** show

Yessir, but in the evening and only for an hour. Plenty of blues of various sizes around, and got a sneak peak of my favorite lil tunas. Couldn't fool any this time, but saw a few feeding on small bait with the blues within feet from shore.

Edited by C.Robin

biggest damn fish ive had in 2019 on plastic yesterday evening, one member of the bucket brigade saw and before I knew it bait was being catapulted over my head.

5 miles of shoreline and you think the bass will stay put.

2 hours ago, GarbageFish said:

biggest damn fish ive had in 2019 on plastic yesterday evening, one member of the bucket brigade saw and before I knew it bait was being catapulted over my head.

Straight up cut the line. I'm getting g to the point where I just dont care anymore.

3 hours ago, GarbageFish said:

You are catching and they are not. It's all your fault.   :th:

3 hours ago, cheech said:

The back bays in LISound are packed with peanuts now. The bass and small blues are all over them, and hitting anything you throw.

Same for the South Shore bays. It's like a warzone of bird, fish and bait lol.

Amen...I cannot believe how much bait is in the water.

A few days ago strolling a quiet back back back bay, I saw peanut explosions everywhere, I wasnt there for fishing but I keep a small LMB rod in my trunk, grabbed it and a ziplock of soft paddletails is all I had.. a few casts later and I was on with a dang tide runner,  it was weakfish under the peanuts...not blues or bass.