UncleJohn

September 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

320 posts in this topic

11 mins ago, Bluetaildragger said:

Bait so thick you could walk on it, yet never anything on it...

E18D70A6-FC2F-412F-ACB3-24699EEEF0C8.jpeg

Saw the same thing last night...if you took that pic out back near a boat ramp in CMC I may have run into you...I was launching my kayak probably around 9 30.

A ton of 1 to 3 lb blues for me out back on foot and one weakfish from the kayak

20190903_234411.jpg

20190903_211226.jpg

Would you say there is more, or less bait around this year than in the past?

I'm curious as some beaches are reporting too much seaweed washing up on the beaches.  they say it's due to excess nitrogen running off into the water and global warming.

I would think more aquatic vegetation means more habitat for smaller fish, fry, larvae etc. to hide and proliferate.

4 hours ago, BillHoo said:

they say it's due to excess nitrogen running off into the water and global warming.

Ive noticed plenty of bait out front especially today. I havnt noticed more vegetation compared to the last five years, but it depends on where you are.

If THEY say it's global warming they're blowing smoke. Myth.

Report:

Had a south wind this afternoon and quite a few small Maks around. Had albies pop up but wasn't fortunate enough to land one. Dang!

1 hour ago, Buckscorider said:

Ive noticed plenty of bait out front especially today. I havnt noticed more vegetation compared to the last five years, but it depends on where you are.

If THEY say it's global warming they're blowing smoke. Myth.

Report:

Had a south wind this afternoon and quite a few small Maks around. Had albies pop up but wasn't fortunate enough to land one. Dang!

I don't know why global warming would cause seaweed, but the OCEAN is definitely warmer throughout the year than it was, say, 20 years ago...unless the thermometer is in on the conspiracy (dang!). So that might have something to do with it.

1 hour ago, stranded1 said:

I don't know why global warming would cause seaweed, but the OCEAN is definitely warmer throughout the year than it was, say, 20 years ago...unless the thermometer is in on the conspiracy (dang!). So that might have something to do with it.

Anyone who has fished in NJ longer than 20 or 30 years will tell you it is obvious that the water is warmer than years ago. 

8 hours ago, TowerJetty67 said:

Anyone who has fished in NJ longer than 20 or 30 years will tell you it is obvious that the water is warmer than years ago. 

I had 86 degrees in the Delaware Bay 10 days ago. I almost checked to make sure the transducer was in the water. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Out back cmc this morning. Tried snatching some bait up before going to the spot. Found a small school but were a little tricky to net since i couldn't really see them. Wasted some time but got a few. Fishing spot was able to get a 12" weakie to bite, lost something a little bigger on the next hit, rest of the peanuts were lost to thieves. Tossed a crippled herring around and found a 2nd weakfish maybe a little over 13" but well fed. Always a good sign. 

9-5-19weakie.jpg

Edited by FunkyBunker

Posted (edited) · Report post

Thinken of taking a run south this afternoon. Could any southern guys (southern moco, ocean cty) give me a conditions report? It be really appreciated. Can't get any reads on surf cams. Seems fishable but I'm wondering if it's too heavy east to chuck anything out.

Edited by joefishnj21

11 mins ago, joefishnj21 said:

Thinken of taking a run south this afternoon. Could any southern guys (southern moco, ocean cty) give me a conditions report? It be really appreciated. Can't get any reads on surf cams. Seems fishable but I'm wondering if it's too heavy east to chuck anything out.

I just got a video from my pops at IBSP and its a nice NE wind

Just now, Goldy said:

I just got a video from my pops at IBSP and its a nice NE wind

Thanks Goldy. Yeh, I'm just gunna take the drive. What the heck. You miss 100% of the shots you dont take- Michael Scott.

I

9 mins ago, joefishnj21 said:

Thanks Goldy. Yeh, I'm just gunna take the drive. What the heck. You miss 100% of the shots you dont take- Michael Scott.

I dont know why. I would stay local. Theres lots of activity by us.  

Fyi. A cobia was caught at the hook yesterday.  

1 hour ago, Goldy said:

I

I dont know why. I would stay local. Theres lots of activity by us.  

Fyi. A cobia was caught at the hook yesterday.  

Nice ... Do yo have any idea about how big the Cobia was  ? 

15 mins ago, UncleJohn said:

Nice ... Do yo have any idea about how big the Cobia was  ? 

Check tacklebox instagram