September 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

UncleJohn

13 mins ago, Surfratiam said:

Not sure what rock you have been hiding under, they are dead.

I also fished a state north of NJ and picked up a few bass ocean side in the dark. Sun up, lots of bait, peanuts, small cocktail blues every so often on them.

Since they're all dead ,you should stop fishing for them and sell all of your gear. Its a big waste of time and effort

2 hours ago, DragonsLax48 said:

On a more important note... we set out looking for albies on the beaches north of NJ and we found tens of miles (maybe more) of adolescent 4-6" bunker. Most were happily swimming, some were being harrassed by bass and albies. They were headed towards NJ at about 1mph.

If it was Mass, then they should arrive in Moco in 10 days. :p

Pfantum Pfishah

Couldn't get out early so made a late morning trip.  Really nice looking water with the east wind.  Walked the sand throwing a bunch of stuff with no interest from anything.  Saw a ton of bugs back in the wash line but with the white water rolling couldn't see if there was anything else around.  Looking at my log this sure is a very slow September compared to last year.  May take a look to the north in the morning. 

40 mins ago, MC55 said:

Couldn't get out early so made a late morning trip.  Really nice looking water with the east wind.  Walked the sand throwing a bunch of stuff with no interest from anything.  Saw a ton of bugs back in the wash line but with the white water rolling couldn't see if there was anything else around.  Looking at my log this sure is a very slow September compared to last year.  May take a look to the north in the morning. 

Hey MC55, question for you about floating the bugs.  I did real well with them late spring through late summer.  Do you have luck with them in fall as well?  My thinking is that the fish, even the smaller resident bass that always seem to be cruising the lip, are keyed on baitfish in fall.  Peanuts, mullet, and sand eels seem to be their meal of choice.  Is that sound logic or do you continue floating the bugs into late fall/early winter?  Thanks in advance.

Edited by Loudog

45 mins ago, Loudog said:

Hey MC55, question for you about floating the bugs.  I did real well with them late spring through late summer.  Do you have luck with them in fall as well?  My thinking is that the fish, even the smaller resident bass that always seem to be cruising the lip, are keyed on baitfish in fall.  Peanuts, mullet, and sand eels seem to be their meal of choice.  Is that sound logic or do you continue floating the bugs into late fall/early winter?  Thanks in advance.

I usually move on from the bugs when the other bait sources show up, but with the amount of them in the wash this afternoon I may take out the bugging rod in the morning.

15 mins ago, Danny1199 said:

White flag? 

I just checked all the pictures for the last 4 years in my phone. All my albie pictures are from oct7-23rd lol. 

Not giving up yet but even if they show it is a short time frame this year to consistently target them . They are here already but not in any numbers ...

Boat guys are getting them.....saw some large schools pass through SOC  heading south over the weekend.

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

• Sudsy locked this topic