UncleJohn

September 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

527 posts in this topic

Just got in. Brutal night - Ocean county

Bass blowing up in front of me for three hours, between myself and another guy we got NOTHING.

I threw the bag at them, fast, slow, top, bottom and every inch in between - two halfhearted "get out of my way" type bumps to show for it.

Looked like they were feeding on small sand eels but I'm not positive. I did see a few at my feet (which is a good sign for the fall run)

4 hours ago, Sudsy said:

Bass blowing up in front of me for three hours, between myself and another guy we got NOTHING.

I threw the bag at them, fast, slow, top, bottom and every inch in between - two halfhearted "get out of my way" type bumps to show for it.

Looked like they were feeding on small sand eels but I'm not positive. I did see a few at my feet (which is a good sign for the fall run)

typical.... :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Sudsy said:

Very frustrating when this happens. Many many years ago, I encountered a daytime blitz and the bass were clearly on peanuts. They wouldn't touch snag & drop, livelined, poppers, plugs, jigs, metal, teasers, nothing. One guy out of about 100 was hooking up and people were swarming him to see what he was using. I had no appetite to get near the maelstrom of flying trebles and wound up getting skunked.

MoCo sunup for 30 min. End of incoming tide into slack. Light W wind, ocean flat and clean but not as sudsy as last night. Saw 2 bait balls explode up top close to shore. Sight casted that way but nothing hit. Hopefully will get back at it tomorrow night.

Edited by DeeMonee

20 5lb bluefish and 1 tetanus shot last night.  Friendly reminder to not be a bonehead like me and walk the bayshore barefoot.  One bad misstep and put a rusty square cut nail through the instep of my foot.

15 hours ago, JMB said:

The amount of mullet by me the last few days is incredible, for the most part just harassed by cocks.

Now throw acres of adult bunker in the mix. Lots of bird activity this morning about a 1/4 to 1/2 mile out. 2-4lb blues. Did pull one Spanish Mack out of the blues. Tons of bait out there and coming into a new moon.:wee:

1 min ago, bbfish said:

20 5lb bluefish and 1 tetanus shot last night.  Friendly reminder to not be a bonehead like me and walk the bayshore barefoot.  One bad misstep and put a rusty square cut nail through the instep of my foot.

Hard not to take advantage of these final days of warmth and wet wade without the boots. 

8 hours ago, Sudsy said:

Happens every night for me 

I've been a spot ho the last several weeks.. been getting good numbers of bass and boucoup blues.  Can't give too many details.. I've had the place basically to myself and want to keep it that way.. Moco inside.. getting them on a wide variety of lures and presentations depending on stage of tide and bait present

Surf conditions much improved over yesterday morning.  Water is clearing up and waves are laying down.  Found massive amounts of mullet and peanuts along with rain fish, but nothing but small blues every now and then on the chase.  With all that food around its crazy there is not more action going on.  Had a few plastics chopped and dragged a fluke onto the sand and that was it.  May try to give it another look this evening.

Simple yes or no

Has anyone caught a bass over 20# in Monmouth Ocean in Sept ?

Edit - THIS Sept, like in the last 3 weeks - not historically

Edited by Sudsy

6 hours ago, Sudsy said:

Simple yes or no

Has anyone caught a bass over 20# in Monmouth Ocean in Sept ?

edit: i stand corrected on this..No all around. i was reading in terms of inches and i realized u meant pounds. my mistake. Have not. 

Edited by joefishnj21