codfish

That's a lot of people for 8/31 and no fish

Rate this topic

52 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, bob_G said:

I find myself doing it more and more. Get up at 2am and go my my fav place, and find 20 guys shoulder to shoulder. Plan B, go to my second fav place, 35 guys. Plan C, 35 guys.

By this time I've lost interest. Rather than wearing out my arteries brooding, it's too easy to find a bench, enjoy a coffee and watch. Sometimes life's too short for this nonsense. After all, it's only a fish. 

Haha. Many mornings the rod never leaves the bike. Just a spectator sport with some bike riding mixed in. Don’t think

I’ve been late for work once this year. 

Had a conversation with a friend who has seen the same history as I have say,"I think we have seen the best bass fishing in our lifetime". We both have fished for stripers for 40yrs and suffered the break down and moratorium of late 70's  and 80's and then the rebirth of the population.  We don't have 10yrs to see those days again lol.  We both remember the 50#ers and 40s on a regular basis each year.  I feel for the guys who will be seeing this again since no changes to the fishing rules have taken place so the damage continues. 

It's a shame that the culture of stewardship and respect for the natural resource has declined so much.  In the meantime I'm gonna determine the hottest fishing spots using a heat map, anyone else wanna help me count EN/ft2.? (Empty Nips per square foot)

Started fishing the Sagamore Beach and Ditch area in 1966, come down from Canada twice a year now I am retired for first 2 weeks of June and first 2 of Sept. I ignore the Ditch on Sat/Sun and fish other spots I know as I have come to the conclusion that I still regard fishing as a sport and not a martial art.