Josh41

PRNWR Opening Date

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

I was at the office Friday for my inspection when they were sending the email. 

Drive a black Jeep Cherokee, feel free to stop by and say hello if you see me. (I’ll be the guy getting skunked)

Will be out mid-day tomorrow doing some bait fishing with the girl and another couple. 

-Matt

Must have missed you.  We were out Sunday and Monday, Blue Nissan with silver cap.  Skunked both days, saw a few guys get some shorts.  

69716153_10217640409034237_4386440057771261952_o.jpg

Sunday we got 4 very short bass (smaller than I’ve seen in a while),but good to be out there. Maybe a half or 3/4 mile on the beach. Good to be out nonetheless. 

The hill on the way out got very sporty, took me a few attempts. Need to check my deflators to make sure they are at 15psi. 

Put in to many hours to admit this LDW chunking and tossing jigs and buck tails for no return. 

Spoke with Officer Williams from F&W for a bit, said he saw guys pulling a few 40 plus off the beach recently. 

Will be bringing some trash bags next time, lots of wash up debris.  Was out by lot 5 a week ago and there was a very lost row boat with Ram Island Light on the back.  Some CG guys rolled up in a truck when I was leaving to pick it up.  Made its way to the refuge all the way from Boothbay area. 

I'm the Blue/grey sierra if you're out there. 

We pulled two full bags of trash off this weekend.  Glad to hear others are doing the same:).  I chatted with Officer Williams on Monday too, nice guy.  Will probably head back out Friday Night and or Sunday.  

Few years ago, must be 2015 or 2016 when they first put the air-up station at the entrance, got to talking with one of the FW officers (can’t for the life of me remember his name (Pat or Brian?) while airing up. Great guy. 

I asked him about his truck and if Feds got a certain configuration like a Ford Interceptor package (he had a GMC). He said they essentially got a menu of what they required for their area and picked out the configuration, and showed me and my girlfriend around his rig. 

Said his job was great and that he’d be on the water one day, driving the beach another, on a sled in the winter, etc. 

Sadly, this was around the heightened tensions with police and I asked how things were. He told me that his encounters with the public had changed; people started off interactions more hostile than previously. That is sad. 

No need to make this political or a thread about society in general, but just a reminder these are good people who do a job they love and are out there as benefactors of sportsman. 

Seems like the folks here have the same sentiment from their interactions. 

I think some of their rules and procedures - like the gate closing and opening times and the futile lot closures for the dune pigeons - are more about exercising power and less about serving the public.